Chapter 21

It is official.

CJ is officially a Pierce.

Heir.
Twin.
Son.

I can't believe my eyes!! My heart feels like its going to explode with happiness.

Everyone is here to celebrate the happy occasion. Brenda, Sabrina and the rest of the gang all went to congratulate him. The sad look on his face disappeared and replaced with pure happiness.

There's food, music, and even cute presents. Our friends and their families being here to celebrate this family reunion with us makes this day even more memorable.

I was speaking with Sabrina and Brenda about our plans for winter break when I noticed Jaycee sitting by the pool. Alone. Face in his hands. I don't know why he's in that position, but seeing him like that hurt my heart a little more than it should.

I excused myself and went over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He looked up to me with a sad smile.

"Is everything okay Jay Jay?" I asked as I sat down next to him; resting my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah. Everything is perfect." He said, but I know him a little more than he knows himself to believe that.

"Ok. Once you're done convincing yourself that, tell me what's really wrong." I said, looking at him.

"I am happy for you and CJ, I really am. It's just that today marks the anniversary of my sister's death." He said, his voice faltering at the end. "And for the first time ever, her death really hits me. It shows me how alone I am." He said, tears streaming down his face.

I heard the sound of my heart shattering into little pieces. I never knew his sister died. I never knew he felt like that.

"I never knew Jaycee I'm so sorry. God! You never told me that Jaycee. I'm so so sorry. And don't ever say that you're alone, we're all here for you. I'm here for you. Whenever. You know that."

"I know. That's why I love you." He wasn't even fazed by what he just said.

I froze.

Time stopped.

"W-what?"

"It's pretty obvious Lexa. Or obvious for everyone except you maybe. I've loved you ever since we met. Every since I laid eyes on you 3 years ago. I've never loved anyone before so I brushed it off. But everyday without fail you keep proving to me that you're the only one for me.." He said, smiling at the moon.

"B-but w-what's there to love?" I asked, truly not knowing what he finds remotely interesting in the nerd people rarely notice.

"Please stop saying that Alexis. What's NOT to love? Your heart is pure and kind. You're so nice, so angelic. I love how you forgive easily, how you're kind to everyone. I love how you could sacrifice yourself for others. I love that you're always there for me. I love the way you make me feel. You know, when you weren't talking to me because I was an idiot, I felt my heart die, I felt my life had no purpose. All I wanted to do was swallow my pride and apologize because all I wanted was for you to talk to me; tell me anything.

And oh my GOD when you were hospitalized..." he trailed off, his voice shaking.

He took a deep breath then continued. "When you were in that hospital bed I prayed to dear God that it should be me and not you. I prayed and prayed because at that exact moment I knew I was in too deep. I knew that by losing you, my life would have no meaning; no purpose. You're my rock Alexis, my heart, my world and my everything and I would do anything, anything to keep you safe." Then he looked at me and I could see the vulnerability, pain and weakness clear in his eyes. "I waited for you to enter my life for years and I can wait for as long as it takes." He said, finally smiling. "I know you'll come around to it someday."