Chapter 5

So you know that feeling when you think you saw something in real life but it also might've been a dream? Ya this is me at this exact same minute. Or was that yesterday? I don't know anymore.

In my distorted version of reality, a blonde haired person-or was it black-carries me out to God knows where. I think i black out because the next thing I remember was someone holding my eyes open and pointing a blinding light at it while saying incoherent words. It goes dark and when I open my eyes again there's a trail of overhead white lights blurring as I am quickly rushed beneath them.

Then it goes dark.

In this darkness, i can hear a lot of people speaking but I can't seem to make out who's who. What's worse is that I can't even will my eyes to open. I could hear someone shouting, someone else crying and someone telling them to calm the heck down. Then there's a murmur of a group of people I've never met before because their voices sound new to me. A while after all that, words started turning into a jumbled mess and then there was silence.

Silence and darkness.

I wasn't dreaming. I wasn't imagining anything. It was as if i was cast into this dark abyss and I don't even know how I'm going to come out of it.

I feel hot and thirsty and tired. I can feel my head pounding and my heart beat going a mile a minute. I can even feel the blood flow through my body. No, not feel - I can HEAR it. After some time it all became overwhelming. The noise was becoming unbearable. The pounding in my head. My heart beating faster and faster. My bones feel like they're breaking.

Then there was silence.
Complete and utter silence.

Oh and pain.
Then numbness.
Then nothing.

They say loudness can cause deafness? Let them try deafening silence.

What on earth was happening to me? Was I sleeping? I better be because I'm too young to die! There's still too much I wanna do and way too much I want to achieve. I haven't made my parents proud. I DIDN'T EVEN GRADUATE HELL YET!!

No. I need to fight this!! I WILL fight this. I started turning around and flailing my arms like a goose whose wing got attacked by a pack of rabid ants. But what did I expect because I saw nothing. I could hear nothing.

This better not be a Febreze commercial or so help me God I will buy all the Febreze in Walmart and burn it somewhere.

Nothing.

Suddenly, I started hearing  very faint whispers coming from a direction I would assume as my left. I started following it slowly at first, making sure I don't lose it. Then slowly I started jogging, quickening my pace until I was full on sprinting. I ran for about 3 minutes - without ever feeling tired - until I could make out a few things related to that sound.

It was a lady.
She was speaking to me.
She's telling me to come back.

I slowed down my pace because everything around me started violently shaking. I felt my self vibrating, the woman's voice becoming louder and clearer.

"CLEAR!"

The vibrating would stop for a couple of seconds, then it would start again. One by one all the voices I used to hear came back again; this time louder.

My head pounding.
My blood flowing.
My bones aching.
But most importantly; my heart beating.

These sounds coming all of the sudden were accompanied by a small glow of light; both coming from the same direction. I started running towards it again because these sounds were too overwhelming. The closer I ran the brighter the light became and the louder the sounds got. With one final strong vibration I was surrounded with white light and within a blink of an eye, I came to; gasping for air like I was almost drowning.