Chapter 14

"Good Morning class. My name is Mr. Lucas O'Hara and I'm your new chemistry lab teacher..." He started going on and on and on about how he's sorry for Mr. Blake's death and how he'll try to remember our names and teach us in an easy yet fun style yada yada yada bla bla bla. He said a lot of other things I didn't quite hear because I was very sleepy- thanks to some people- and I was thinking about what my parents said. I need to ask them what they meant by that. I'm sure they won't lie to me because it has never happened before. Or has it??

I could feels Jace staring at me from my peripheral vision, and he nudged me.

"Yeah?" I said, absentmindedly.

"Are you ok?" He said. " I've never seen you not concentrating before. Like, EVER."

"Uh yeah. I'm fine." I smiled at him.

"How's the hand?"

"I've had a few lessons of kickboxing, so don't worry, I know how to throw a punch." I whispered back.

"I'm glad I wasn't on the receiving end of that." He said, smiling like an idiot.

Ever since he came over last night, he's been so chill and nice. Come to think of it, he's been like that ever since I came back from the hospital. I'm really happy with myself for giving him another chance. He's not so bad once you get over his pranks and mischievous smile. I'm starting to actually like him, and I'm sure my friends will too.

Speaking of which.

I left my house early today so as to avoid meeting Jaycee. My parents were long gone when I woke up again, so I wasn't questioned. I got a call from Annabelle that someone came to pick me up, and boy did he look like hell. Thinking back, I kind of feel bad for blowing up but I'm going to stand my ground; I know that Jace will eventually someday somehow maybe probably be worth standing up for.

When I arrived to school, Jace was waiting for me -surprisingly- and even decided to walk me to class. We had chemistry first so ya. On our way, we bumped into none other than Brad frickin Jacobs. I haven't seen the delinquent since I came out of the hospital.

"Well hello there princess. How was the hospital stay? Comfy?" He said smirking like the jerk that he is.

"What the hell do you want?" I spat.

"Stay away from her Jacobs!" I was surprised to see Jace stand up for me.

"Or what you little pepsqueake!" He replied, starting a face off of some kind.

" Or else you'll deal with me, and you know not to mess with me."

"Well well well. Looks like princess will be needing some company in her next stay at the hospital, and I would gladly give that to her. But I don't get why she's hanging out with a low life like you? She left her scum friends to hang with even worse scum? Wow I guess trash attracts trash huh? In that case you're a real win!" He said, making my blood boil.

Without even realizing what I was doing, I swung my fist so hard at his face, that it made such an unholy crunching sound.

"OW!!!! Damn it!! Don't you dare insult my friends you piece of garbage!! You're the trash scum for even referring to Jace and my other friends as such!!! From now on, I won't tolerate you or your big mouth!! And I promise you this, I'll have you suspended and off the team! You'll regret the day you ever looked in my general direction! And this, you piece of garbage, means war!" I said not feeling the pain in my hand any more; courtesy of the adrenalin rush.  I dragged Jace with me to class, leaving the idiot lying on the floor; hopefully unconscious.