Chapter 44

DONT FORGET TO VOTE ⭐️ and COMMENT!! And also if you can, try to share the story (because it'll help me a lot) or tag people you think would be interested in the story.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

We ended up watching a whole marathon of Saw; which was frickin amazing! I love the gore and brains of that little bicycle riding high-cheekboned midget. I mean, he's horrible and vicious, but you gotta admit that these 'tests' he does are pure genius.

Any who.

I sat away from my friends, in the dark corner, thinking how on earth am I supposed pluck us the courage to leave the most important constants in my life?

How?

Just being in the same room as them gives me a strong sense of safety.

I looked at Brenda, as she slowly and slyly leaned in closer to Jace's arms without anyone noticing. Jace smiling like a little child, tightening his arms around her shoulder as she leaned her head on his.

Sabrina hid her head on Aaron's shoulder because whenever we watched horror movies, she would have her headphones on to block away the nasty spirits. Aaron just laughed at her because she doesn't have them this time.

Jaycee and Ashton looked so into the movie that their eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

Both officers sat outside to smoke and just to stay the hell away from our drama. Or that's what they told me anyway. For a still unknown reason, Sebastian is terribly and royally pissed and is taking it out on everyone else.

Whatever.

Some time while I pondered, I received a text message from Annabelle, and its contents made my heart squeeze in pain.

Annabelle: You free to talk? SOS.

Me: Sure. Is everything ok?

She called me instantly. Thank God I had my phone on silent, as I always did. I took one last glance at them, made sure they were all busy with the movie and I slipped outside, hopefully unnoticed.

I went as far from the room as I possibly could. I made sure that no one was following me, then I finally answered.

"H-hello?" I answered. Why was I stuttering?

"Hello beautiful little one." She replied, her voice sounded tired and very worn out.

"Is everything ok Annie? You sound very tired."

"Yeah. I just wanted to tell you that we found a lead in CJ's case..." she started.

I felt my heart beating so hard, it almost felt like it was about to stop.

"What is it? Is everything ok?" I whispered, my words almost caught in my throat, my hands started to shake. It was getting hard to hold the phone to my ear properly.

"Someone said he spotted a trio with the description of your uncles and CJ somewhere in New York." She coughed, clearly hiding something from me.

"They claimed that one of them was badly bruised, and had a few cuts."

"Oh my God! But wait, what's in New York?" I asked. I felt like I wasn't going to like the answer.

The line was quite for a little while, I started questioning if she was actually there.

"Your parents." She said, sounding cautious.