Addiction (pt.1)

AN I'm moving this story to a real full story instead of a multi part one-shot so go check it out on my page if you like it. I started writing this in class after something pretty awful happened in my life and I have found this story in particular is very therapeutic to write so I'm going to make it much longer.

Addiction is a bitch, especially when you're in school and the most hated person in the aforementioned school. Draco Malfoy was that person, hated and addicted. He wouldn't admit to this but addicts never do, do they?

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Draco was hunched over his small desk next to his bed. Rolled up parchment sliver in his hand, 2 shimmery silvery lines laid out neatly. Pixie dust, That's what Draco had heard it called.  He needed to hurry; he told his teacher he would be going to the bathroom not all the way back to the Slytherin dorms. Finishing up he wiped his nose, shoved his stuff back in the drawer and ran. He was calm again sitting in class; his cravings had gotten the better of him. He felt like his heart was beating too fast and his skin was tingling. He was shaking and felt ill.

He felt fine now though and he most likely would be fine until dinner. He now sat in class calmly taking notes trying to ignore Theo and Blaise's concerned looks.

Theo inquired multiple times on Draco's whereabouts. "I told you I went to the bathroom."

"You keep saying that but you were gone for a while."

'Why are you monitoring how long I'm in the bathroom? Theo, that's a lil creepy."

Theo shook his head and turned back to his notes.

These unfortunate conversations were becoming more and more common among Draco's group. Blaise had been threatening to tell someone about his addiction for a while now. Blaise thought he had Draco figured out, he thought he knew what he would be telling on him for. Draco's second addiction was hiding his first and doing a good job of it. His addiction to the blades was a wonderful coverup.

He skipped dinner again; he didn't feel the need to eat, his stomach never felt empty anymore. Deciding his dorm was too risky now that classes were out, he took a small pouch of 'supplies' to the bathroom closest to the astronomy tower.

Specifically this one because it was rarely used and had a large marble slab in the corner. He set up 3 lines and rolled his paper up, 1 line down, he took a deep breath, 2 lines down. The door banged open, Draco stood to his full height and wiped his nose off trying to hide any evidence of anything he was doing. None other than Harry Potter came around the corner. He was leaning hard against the stone wall as if he would fall to the ground if he didn't. "The fuck are you doing here Malfoy?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing."

They stood there and stared at each other for a long moment before Harry tramped off to a stall. Draco turned around as soon as he knew he was out of sight and tried to be fast. "I knew it." Draco whirled around, Harry had somehow managed to sneak up on him. Bastard. "I knew that was what was going on, I remember what George looked like when he was on pixie and you look just like him." He stood there with his hads tucked behind his back, a sad look on his face.

"Potter..."

"I won't snitch if you don't."

"What do you mean?"

Harry revealed what was behind his back, a bottle of amber liquor. Draco was then hit with the realization, Harry came in here to drink without his friends finding him. Draco nodded sealing their agreement of silence. They then both left staggering their exits by a few minutes so as to not draw attention. Not that anyone would pay attention to them. They were a good hike away from all the rest of the school.