23- Comprehending Each Other

Start from the beginning

Taehyung shook his head, staring straight into Jungkook's eyes with an unreadable expression. "Did you ever report your father?" Taehyung retorted, halting Jungkook completely. Jungkook comprehended the unnecessary desire to protect one's parents, even if they didn't deserve it and he was certain Tae was doing so as well. Jungkook softly shook his head at Taehyung's question before opening his mouth to speak but before he could utter a single syllable, the door opened wide and Jimin stepped through the threshold. Jimin stopped short when he noticed how close Jungkook and Taehyung were sitting next to each other, staring hard at the two of them. "Am I interrupting anything?" he asked as he slung his backpack strap off his shoulder and tossed it onto his bed.

Jungkook jumped up and away from Taehyung hastily, shaking his head as he darted out of the room in a hurry. Leaving Taehyung entirely speechless and staring after Jungkook's retreating form before Jimin closed the door behind him. "Wh- what was that about?" Jimin asked, confused as he stared at Taehyung now. Taehyung shrugged slightly, absolutely confused as well. "I- I think it's because he thinks he's not welcome here?"

Jimin turned his head towards the door before turning back to face Taehyung. "But... we've talked? I didn't think I was that intimidating that first day anyway," Jimin reflected, slumping onto his bed as he leaned back on the palms of his hands with his legs outstretched in front of him. He crossed his legs at his ankles as he leaned his head against one of his shoulders. "Do you think he'll join us for lunch tomorrow? I mean, he's Hobi's roommate and your fuck buddy. He shouldn't feel too alienated there," Jimin added, feeling bad about the way he'd reacted when he'd first walked in on Jungkook and Taehyung now.

Taehyung stretched his legs out in front of his body, crossing his ankles as well. "I- I don't really know, but I hope he joins us. Oh, but um, Jimin?" Taehyung started, the deep timbre of his voice cutting across the silence and gaining Jimin's attention. "Can you tell me why you told my mom I lost my innocence to Jungkook? It's the only leverage I have against Papa and you know that."

Jimin sighed softly at the question, slowly lifting his head off of his shoulder as he met Taehyung's serious gaze. "I was actually kind of excited for you, you know. I- I wasn't trying to get you in trouble or anything... It's not every day that you get to brag that your best friend found someone they can share themselves wholeheartedly with someone else like that," Jimin trailed off, picking at a loose thread on his blanket. Taehyung sighed softly as he remembered his first kiss with Jungkook. He wanted to share the experience with Jimin as well, but he was afraid Jimin would tell his mother and in her excitement, she'd tell his father. "It's okay. Mama promised to keep it a secret anyway because she also knows that's all I have..."

Jimin smiled softly to himself as he sat up and uncrossed his ankles. "That's good," Jimin started, truly happy that Taehyung still had the upper hand with his father. "That means you still have a chance of having a future that you can look forward to," Jimin added, standing to his feet as Taehyung uncrossed his own ankles. "Yes," Taehyung agreed quietly, contemplating on confiding in Jimin that Jungkook had just kissed him. "I- I have something to tell you on the way to dinner," Taehyung whispered as he stood to his feet. "But you have to promise that you won't tell anyone. Not even mama," he added, holding his index finger up to make a point.

Jimin nodded softly as he wrapped his arm around Taehyung's neck and pulled him closer. "Promise," he declared, holding up his pinky to Taehyung. Taehyung wrapped his thin pinky finger around Jimin's small finger before they touched the pads of their thumbs together. "Okay then, so... Jungkook said he's never kissed any of his fuck buddies before because they don't really mean anything to him," Taehyung explained, meeting Jimin's gaze with a boxy smile. "But guess what he just did before you came into the room?" Taehyung asked, wrapping an arm around Jimin's waist as they walked.

Jimin tilted his head in thought, tapping his chin slightly. "You guys fucked again?" Jimin asked skeptically, drawing a blank on anything else. Taehyung shook his head as his smile grew wider, trying to hold back laughter. "No, h- he actually kissed me," Taehyung whispered giddy, his face searing with heat now as he cupped his flushed cheeks. "D- do you think that means anything? Or that I may be significant to him?" Taehyung asked, trying not to sound too excited.

Jimin's eyes widened significantly at Taehyung's news, his own smile widening as well. "That's great news, Tae! That was your first kiss, wasn't it?! How was it?" Jimin fired off rapid questions one right after the other in his excitement. He was hoping that Jungkook would accept Taehyung's feelings and that they'd become a couple. After all, Jungkook was on good terms with Jimin now that they'd talked things out. "Did you enjoy it? Are you two a couple now?!" Jimin asked the last question with the utmost excitement. All he wanted was his best friend's happiness and if Jungkook was what made Taehyung happy, he'd support their relationship.

"Woah, woah, slow down there, Minnie! I was getting light-headed from all your questions," Taehyung joked, patting Jimin's side to stop his thoughts in their tracks. "Yes, I did enjoy it. Yes, it was my first kiss, even though it felt like I'd kissed Jungkook before. I don't know how to explain it... but it felt like there was electricity in my lips after he kissed me. It felt really intense and tingled for several moments after our kiss. But to be quite honest, I don't know where I stand with Jungkook... I don't know if this makes us a couple or if I'm just an extra special fuck buddy," Taehyung answered as they entered the cafeteria.

Taehyung and Jimin unraveled themselves as Jimin headed for the line to obtain his dinner. Taehyung on the other hand, walked straight up to the table where Yoongi and Hoseok were already sitting and eating. "Hey guys," Taehyung greeted, sitting down next to Yoongi. Yoongi waved softly at Taehyung in acknowledgment, offering him the frozen yogurt he had on his tray with a smile. "You need to eat something. Why are you almost never hungry?" Yoongi asked skeptically, urging Taehyung to take something off his tray to eat.

Taehyung laughed at Yoongi's remark, laying his head on Yoongi's shoulder. "I'm just not hungry right now. I'll eat when I feel hungry though," Taehyung stated as Hoseok stared at the two of them. He slowly ate his spicy shrimp pasta aioli as he watched Yoongi and Taehyung interact with each other. He was hoping that Yoongi would agree to them being in a polyamorous relationship with Taehyung so that he could be with both the people he loved.

Yoongi sighed softly, noticing Hoseok's eyes were not only on him but also watching Taehyung carefully. Hoseok watched as Taehyung slid Yoongi's frozen yogurt back over towards him without even trying to eat any of it. Without any hesitation or taking a moment to think about it clearly, Hoseok held out a fork full of his pasta to Taehyung with a soft smile. "Go on, you need to eat something, Tae," Hoseok urged him, holding his hand under the fork in case any of it fell. Taehyung glanced between the fork and Hoseok before graciously accepting the food held out to him. "Thank you for that, but I really don't want to eat right now," Taehyung insisted, chewing the food he'd eaten off of Hoseok's fork.

Yoongi glared at Hoseok before silently continuing to eat his meal, Hoseok too distracted by Taehyung's smile to notice that Yoongi was pissed off at him at the moment. It didn't take long for Jimin to rejoin the group as he glanced around at the taken seats. "Wait? Where's Jin?" Jimin asked, noticing that they were missing a friend. Taehyung glanced over at the empty seat off to the other side of Yoongi before looking at Jimin. "I don't know. Do either of you know?"

Yoongi cleared the food he had in his mouth before speaking up. "I thought I'd heard he was obtaining an off-campus pass for today. I think he's having dinner with his friend or his family," Yoongi stated before taking another bite of food. Taehyung nodded in understanding as he scanned the dining hall for Jungkook. He wondered if the younger male was going to eat dinner or not and if he was going to eat, he wanted Jungkook to join them. Have Jungkook get to know his friends a little more.

Taehyung's eyes widened when he spotted Jungkook's raven hair near the entrance. He smiled brightly with a boxy shape, standing up to go talk to Jungkook and invite him to their table to eat. Although, to his dismay, there was already someone accompanying him. A female someone Taehyung didn't know or didn't recognize. A female someone who was all over Jungkook and putting her hands places Taehyung had barely touched. Not noticing the annoyed look on Jungkook's face, Taehyung took a hesitant step back while his smile dropped like suspended rocks. His breath hitching in his throat as a sudden spark of pain radiated from his chest at this unusual revelation.