Part 17

"Master, this isn't the right thing to do.. this is Adrien we're talking about."

"Silence, Nooroo. I know what's best for my son. He'll see soon that I have good intentions. I'm just using him to make the plan go quicker."

"..but sir, this doesn't feel right-"

"Silence! Don't make me banish you to your miraculous."

"Yes, master."

__

Marinette was very close to skipping school that Monday. The only thing not stopping her, was her already bad attendance score (due to missing too many lessons because of... hero stuff) and Alya spamming her phone with wake-up messages.

"Girl!" Alya rushed as she saw Marinette enter through the school gates, "I have so much juicy drama to tell you! So, me and Nino were talking - apparently Adrien told him about what happened on the bus - and-"

"I'm not really.. in the mood right now, Alya. Sorry."

"Oh. Um. Okay. I heard that he visited the bakery yesterday.. you wanna talk about it?"

"Not really. I will if I feel like it."

"That's okay. Come to me when you want to, alright? You know I'm always here."

Marinette smiled and nodded. "I know. Thank you."

"No problem, girly. But I hope you know I'm not letting that boy anywhere near finished  near you if he's made you this upset," Alya furrowed her eyes and made her fist and palm collide.

"You really don't have to do tha-"

"Marinette!" Adrien jogged over to the two girls and paused once Alya put herself between the two. "I need to talk to you. It's serious."

"She isn't going to talk to you, Agresté. Go and play family with Chloé."

Adrien flinched, clearly insulted. Starting a fight with Alya is the last thing he wanted to do. That could mean completely losing trust with Marinette.

He chanced a quick glance at Marinette before being met with Alya's glare, so he decided to drop it for now and go to Nino.

__

The rest of the school day consisted of Adrien turning around to start a conversation with Marinette, only to be met with Alya's hand slamming the table.

"Dude, what did you do to piss Alya off so much?" Nino perked up.

"I don't know, dude. I talked to Marinette but I don't really remember what I said though," Adrien sighed.

"That's kinda weird, don't you think? Like, how do you just forget a whole conversation..?"

"Boys!" Ms Mendeleiev hushed, "would you like to tell the whole class what you're talking about?"

"No, ma'am." They both chorused.

_____________