Part 14

Adrien wasn't stupid.

At least, that's what he told himself. Plagg said otherwise.

He was sprawled out across his bed, one arm covering his eyes. They landed back in France two days ago now, and he hasn't heard from Marinette since the bus ride. She made a quick dash to Alya once they got off and convinced Nino to sit next to Adrien.

He admitted that it slightly hurt his pride.

It took admittedly too long for him to realise that they were the same person. Marinette and Ladybug, that is.

It was a gradual realisation. When Marinette just so happens to disappear as Ladybug comes out from hiding. The familiar scent of dough on both girls. The hair that he learnt felt like running your fingers through soft thread. Eyes that left you falling forever in the sky but it was such a good feeling that it made you want to look further into them.

Truthfully, he was testing her.

And that's what he felt bad about.

Getting rejected by Marinette on the bus was no different to what he felt with Ladybug. He was used to it, at this point - which is extremely sad and self-pitying, but hey. He was no longer left upset and wondering if he was such a bad person that she could never bring herself to love him. She was a professional, and he came to respect that. To take his duty as a hero seriously.

Why would he be so calm when Marinette learnt he was Chat? Why was Marinette so calm?  (well... calm enough). It was obvious.

Adrien began his Project: Learn-about-Marinette shortly before the plane flight to Italy. He wanted - no, needed - to know if he liked the girl because of her alter ego.

Marinette was a hard nut to crack. In the two years that they were in the same class, normal interactions would be rare.

And she gave a damn-good job of hiding her identity. Sure, the two shared similar traits. Both were amazingly determined. Both were gorgeous. Both had the small freckle under their eye. Both had-

Okay, maybe he was a little stupid.

___

Double update! Sorry the two have been so short

I was originally gonna make 13 and 14 one chapter but it didn't really make sense to be combined so... you've got 2 chapters :)