Part 18

"Good evening, Chat."

Ladybug was sitting on an edge on the Eiffel Tower. Ever since she got the Miraculous when she was only thirteen, it's always been her favourite place. Nothing was able to top it.

" 'evening, bugaboo." Chat sat down a small distance away from his partner and swung his legs. "How are you on this lovely night?"

Ladybug furrowed her eyebrows and let an ugly expression cross her face. "Seriously? I won't let my civilian life get in the way of my professionalism, but I'm not going to talk to you like nothing happened."

Chat tilted his head in confusion. "Did I say something wrong?"

She uttered a few noises in attempt to start a sentence. "Something wrong? Something wrong? Are you kidding me, Chat? How ignorant are you to ignore how you upset me?"

Ladybug stood and swung her yo-yo after unclipping it from her hip. "I... I'll talk to you later."

Then she free-fell to swing onto a roof, leaving Chat feeling for some reason guilty, and confused. Shouldn't he be the one upset? Wasn't he the one to get rejected?

__

"Isn't this exciting, Mr. Agresté? You're one step closer to completing your plan!"

"Yes, Nathalie." Gabriel pushed his glasses up. "This is all rather... thrilling. But I can't help but to feel sad for Adrien."

"Gabriel. He'll see you're helping him," Nathalie gave a half smile and placed her hand on Gabriel's shoulder. "Imagine how much easier it is now to get the Miraculouses!"

He laughed to himself. "....you're right. Who would've thought that the mighty Ladybug is just a mere bakers daughter. I almost feel bad."