Chapter 2 ~ The Trip

"Okay then! The students who are going is: Rose, Juleka, Max, Sabrina, Nino, Adrien, Marinette and Alya, who got the most in the class!" The teacher announced, "To those who didn't make it, don't feel bad. You all tried your best."

Grumbles were heard from the back.

"As a reward, the people who passed get to go abroad for the week; no parents and no teaching. I'll announce where we're going when we land. I expect you here at 7am the earliest."

_______________________________________

"Alya, I'm not done packing yet!" Marinette whined into her phone.

"Well, I am. I'll come round your place and help pack all your rubbish then." Alya replied.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! The spare key is under the doormat so you can let yourself in." Marinette had made a spare key for Alya to come in any time.

_______________________________________

"Girl, how much junk do you actually have?" Alya asked.

"I need all of this junk for a reason, Al." Marinette playfully tutted.

"Well, that's pretty much everything. I've got to go home and sleep. I expect you to sleep too." Alya chuckled.

"Will do. I'll see you tomorrow."

_______________________________________

"Is everyone here?" The teacher said.

"Miss! I'm here! Sorry I'm late!" Marinette called, running down the school yard to her class.

"It's no problem, Marinette. The coach hasn't come yet." And with that, the teacher ticked Marinette's name off the list.

About five minutes later, the coach arrived

"Everyone pick their coach buddies and find your seat."

(Seating arrangement:)

(Teacher | | Empty Seat)
(Nino, Adrien | | Marinette, Alya)
(Rose, Juleka | | Max, Sabrina)

"Everyone please put on your seat belts and get comfortable. It's going to be a very long ride from here to the airport!"

_______________________________________

After about an hour or so, everyone had fallen asleep, minus the chosen and her kwami.

"You're not even tired at all, are you?" Marinette asked the tiny god.

"Nuh-uh. I slept well last night." Tikki replied.

"Lucky you..."

_______________________________________

The coach stopped and all the students flooded out of the doors, eager to get to the airport.

Everyone had to line up in pairs as they walked up the stairs to the plane.

Marinette's shoulder was being tapped.

"Hm?" Marinette turned around and saw who was tapping her. "A-adrien!"

"Uh, hey, Mari. I was wondering, if you'd sit on the plane with me?"

Oh gosh, why does he want to sit with me? Her mind was racing until she realised that they'd stood in silence for about a minute.

"Uh..sure! You would - I mean, I would love to sit with you! Heh! I-I mean, who wouldn't want to sit with you?" She said, awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck.

"It's just that I wanted to get to know you better. We don't really talk that much." Adrien replied.

_______________________________________

Marinette was very uncomfortable.

"So, Mari, tell me about you" Adrien said, his chin resting on the palm of his hands, "What do you do out of school?"

"U-uh.."

Okay, breathe. No stuttering.

"Well..I normally help my parents out with the bakery and then do some work on my designs. What about you? What is the life of a model like?"

Good going Marinette.

"I'm not trying to pry.."

"Oh, no, Mari, it's fine. Honestly, it's horrible. You have to follow a diet, and put on a fake personality instead of being yourself.." Adrien sighed.

"Well..I want to get to know the real Adrien! What's he like?"

"Well.." He thought about how he acts as Chat Noir. "He's me.."

Word count: 600 words