- Eleven -

.
.
.
.
.
"Who are you?" you asked, looking at a rather tall and unfamiliar figure that stood before you.

Have I met him before?

Surely not. He has dark purple hair and dark eyes. Not to mention his tall stature, would you really forget such unique features?

You were brought out of your thoughts as you waited for his answer. Yet it seemed the time you took to think, he used to stare at you.

"...You're a sight for sore eyes, what's your name?" He asked quite contently

"I asked you first," you said, looking up at him "who are you?"

"A classmate of yours, " he spoke while one of his eyebrows raised a bit "now you?"

"(Y/n) (l/n), and please don't be formal, (y/n) is fine," you said still keeping your distance

"Well (Y/n), I'm Kisho and this is... your book," he said handing you your sketchbook he pulled out of his bag

That's funny, I don't remember taking out my book today.

"Thank you," you said, holding onto your book. "I actually don't think I had time to take it out today, so it must have fallen out during class."

"Yeah, that was what happened... more or less." He hushed the last part a bit

"Huh?" You asked him

"I asked if I could walk you to your next class."

"Yes, of course." You said not wanting to be rude.

The walk was quiet, an uncomfortable kind of serenity. But of course, what was there to expect, you have barely met the boy after all. Maybe he was nervous?

He seems like a flirt- no no don't judge him before you have properly got to know him!

"What class do you have next anyway?" He asked interrupting your self scolding

"I have cooking class next." You said

"That's basically across campus unless you run and make a fool of yourself, then maybe you'll get there on time." He said smiling a bit

You gulped knowing full well you could not be late.

"Luckily, you have me." He said, "And I know every shortcut in this school, follow me."

At first, you were a bit skeptical, but you wouldn't want to be late, who knows if your parents would tolerate that.

The two of you walked down a darker hallway that seemed rather abandoned. You made sure to keep a large enough gap between you two just in case he tried anything.

"Here is your class, get going, your gonna be late."

That quick? Was he really just trying to help out? Perhaps, that odd feeling in my gut was something else, maybe I was gonna get sick or catch a- oh, yeah class is about to start!

You waved to him as you walked in.

As he watched you leave, he gave a deep chuckle and smirked to himself a bit.

All eyes turned to you. It seems everyone had already been in class, seated, and ready to learn.

"Hello, you must be the new student," an older teacher said "Please find yourself a seat and wait for instructions."

You walked to the large tables. It seems each table could hold three people. There was only one seat, it was with a dirty blond and a red-headed student. You sat at the end were in the middle was the dirty blond and at the other end was the redhead.
You looked at the dirty blond. He was at lunch today, as well as the student next to him.

Hmmm, what were their names again? Junichiro, I think, is the angry-faced one then... Jin the messy redhead? That should be right.

"Now, now class," the old teacher started "please take those notes and look over them before cooking."

You were about to call out to Jin before Junichiro slightly slammed his notebook onto the table. The notebook had detailed recipes in nice writing. He placed the notebook in-between the two of you, but also never made eye contact, as to say "here are the notes, stupid."

You began to read over the notes to figure out what you were going to make. The notes were pretty detailed and had some doodles on the side.

-All-purpose flour
-Eggs
-Vanilla extract
-Sugar
-Baking powder

And more
All the measurements seemed to be confusing, you never were too good at cooking or baking.

There was some murmuring in the room from the neighboring group of students. It was not before long before the teacher said it was time to get cooking.

He was watching before he came to walk near you. He told you you didn't have to participate, but it would be fun to take up the chance. As he said that he left back to his desk.

You gazed at the notes and read a few sentences before looking for the proper ingredients. You took a bowl and two eggs and the all-purpose flour. You added the flower and before you could add anything else your wrist griped.

"What the hell are you doing?"Junichiro asked

"Making a cake." You said

"You can't just be adding everything in like that!" Junichiro said

"Here, first you need an apron, (y/n)" Jin said, handing you a plain black apron with two pockets.

You put it on and moved your hair out of your face. Then washed your hands, then the utensils you planned to use like Jin asked you to.

"Now we're ready to cook!" Jin said, smiling and giving you a thumbs up.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
Published: 7/14/2020
Major edit: April 8, 2021