- Five -

You had continued your commune to your next class. You took out your schedule not quite having all your classes memorized and scanned through it.

--- (𝕪/𝕟) (𝕝/𝕟) --- 𝟠:𝟜𝟝 𝕒𝕞 - 𝟛:𝟙𝟝 𝕡𝕞 ---
𝟙) 𝕄𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕤
𝟚) 𝔼𝕟𝕘𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕙
𝟛) 𝔸𝕣𝕥
𝟜) 𝕡𝕙𝕪𝕤𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕝 𝕖𝕕𝕦𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 (ℙ.𝔼.)
𝟝) 𝕊𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖
𝟞) ℂ𝕦𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕣𝕪
---------

Before you knew it your feet were at the doorstep of your English class. You made your way in and took one of the last two seats in the back. You sat quietly waiting on instructions as the teacher did not seem ready yet. Sitting in your chair you noticed a slow figure walking into the class.

"Saved by the bell, young man." The teacher said rather disappointed in the boy

The boy seemed unbothered by the teachers comment and continued to take his time.There was no other seat open or available, besides the one next to you. He took the seat and sat down without saying a word.

His pink eyes where rather lazy looking and he took out what he needed to and begin to write a bit onto some paper.

"Alright class." The teacher began writing one last thing on his paper. "The poetry contest, that I would presume you've heard of before, is coming up very soon."

The class looked at him and gave him their attention, while you where focused on the scribbling you heard besides you.

"Each of you guys will write a poem and turn it in. Not only as an assignment but as a contest submission."

Most of the class had groned not wanting to write a poem. Most of the students began to ask about questions and asked if they could do anything else to get there grades.

"I want no complaints." He said sternly "overall, if your poem is as good as to surpass the other students in other classes, there is a reward."

"What will the winner get?" A boy at the front had said

"I'm not sure, privileges to the garden, maybe money, an open club room, I'm not sure." The teacher shrugged.

With the mention of a prize the class became more lively as everyone began to ask one another what it may be.

You were somewhat interested in poetry. You wrote it when you had the inspiration. What would happen if you won?

Knowing this school was known for the arts, it would be difficult, if not then just a little hard. It would not be terrible just to try, perhaps you might win.

If the prize was money, perhaps paying off the camera and getting away from Takuma would be quicker than expected. With that and perhaps picking up a few jobs on the way- who knows?

You made a mental plan to get home that day and try to write something that could have the possibility of winning.
.
.
.
.
The bell had rang and all the students sat up. You did as well and placed anything you had brought out, back in your bag. You threw the bag on your shoulder and waited for the rather large crowd at the door to become smaller. Waiting for everyone to leave you watched the pink eyed boy pass by, without eye contact, without emotion. You walked out right after him and turned the corner.

You had remembered that your next class was art. You where still not quite familiar with your surroundings, yet you where sure you where going the correct way. You made your way to the your art class, scheduled in hand and eyes anywhere but at the students that passed you with glaring eyes.

As the feeling of glaring eyes would fade, there was a feeling that was harder to shake off. It was a rather cold chill that made you feel like you where being followed, or watched, for a lack of better words... stalked.

You turned your head to try to catch the eyes in the act, yet there was no one who stood out. There where too many students passing by and pushing there way to get to class that everyone looked the same. The same black uniform, same short hair, all dedicated to making their way to class. It was hard to determine weather you where paranoid or the feeling of being followed was real. Even if it felt surreal, that may have not been it.

You tried to continue and make your way to class. You took a few deep breaths trying to calm yourself, knowing that the first day of school must have gotten to you. That no one was really following you, you where just feeling uneasy and it lead to an unrealistic problem.

You still could feel the shiver, and with this you wanted to make sure, just one more time.
Just to make sure that the strange feeling was only your imagination, you made it in yourself to turn around once more. But the sight was the same and everyone looked the same.

Each and every student where focused on getting to there class. Few talked to one another and continued their commune. Your eyes scanned the hall and realized that maybe you where ill or sick.

"Hey! What's up!" A familiar voice called

You turned forward as your skirt swayed with your movement. Your head looked up to the voice.

"Haruki?" You said walking toward him "Do you have a class around here?"

"Mhm! My art class is just up stairs. I noticed you and thought I'd say hello." He said putting his hands behind his head and smiling widely.

"I'm headed to art class as well." You said more releafed then happy

"let's walk together, room no.4 upstarts right?" He asked opening his dark blue eyes

"Yes."

"That's great, we have a class together!" Haruki said cheerfully

Haruki's sunny disposition had washed all your worries away, making you feel rather safe. Your paranoia was drained out of you while you made your way up the steps with your new bubbly friend.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
Published: March 22 2019
Major edit: Jan. 26. 2021