Chapter Six - Disneyland for Assholes

Start from the beginning

"Maybe you two sing some of the versus, alternate choruses, and then maybe one of the other guys can rap." I suggested. I can't believe Drew just called him Ash like they were good friends. Like Jesus fuck, my brother is best friends with maybe the coolest person ever. Well, best friends might be a stretch, but they're on a nickname basis. Drew made a 'mind-blown' gesture with his hands.

"You're so right. That'd be perfect." He acknowledged. I smirked smugly.

"Drew, I'm always right." Just as I said that, his watch beeped. He looked down at it and sighed.

"Time for choreography. I'll see you later, Rosie." Drew said, walking over and kissing my forehead. "I'll mention our idea to Chris, see what he thinks."

"Cool. Bye, Drew."

I hung around the dressing room for a while, then at two o'clock on the dot, I heard over the speakers 'Rosie Daily report to stage.' I followed the orders and walked on to the stage. I picked the wrong door probably five times, so I was a little late getting there. Upon my arrival, I found Drew and Chris sitting on the stage eating pizza. I came and sat down next to Drew and grabbed a piece of pizza before we started talking about what would happen with Not Your Birthday.

After we figured out a potential arrangement for the song, I was sent off to find out if any of the members of Throw Down could rap, and then get all of the members on to the stage to talk with Chris.

This is why at three-thirty, I was walking up to Throw Down's dressing room. Okay, it was more like 3:45 because I got a little lost...again. I'm really good at getting lost. I knocked on the door and smiled when Jase opened it. He let me in and I noticed he was the only one in here. Hm, I wonder where the rest of them are.

"Hey, Rosie. How's it going?" He asked, following me back in. I thought about it for a second.

"How are people supposed to answer that question? I mean, saying 'it's going good,' sounds stupid, and you can only say 'it's going,' or 'along,' so many times before you start to sound repetitive or like your life is dull. But then saying 'I'm good, how are you?' is wrong too, because then you're not really answering the question; you're telling them how you are, not how it's going." I babbled, not actually trying to rant, but just thinking aloud.

"You know, now that you mention it, you're right. There's no good way to answer that. How about we stick to 'how are you?' or 'what's up?'" He asked with a teasing smile. I stuck my tongue out at him. "How are you, Rosie?"

"I'm good, thanks. You?"

"I'm alright. Better now that you're here. I was getting lonely." Jase confessed, still teasing me. He was such a flirt.

"I'm glad I can fill that empty space in your heart, at least for the time being." I teased back. He winked at me.

"Anyways, what can I do for you?" He inquired, getting a little more serious, but not much. He walked over to the fridge and pulled out a can of Arizona iced tea. He motioned towards me, asking if I'd like one, but I said no. Not that I don't like them, but I'm just not in the mood.

"Can any of you rap?" I asked. He chuckled like he was laughing at an inside joke. "Oh come on, you can't laugh at an inside joke by yourself. It just makes you look like a sociopath who's hearing one of the voices in your head tell you a joke."

"Seriously? What the hell goes on in that head of yours?" He asked, laughing hysterically.

"A lot of things."

"Uh-huh. Anyways, I can rap and Aaron thinks he can, but if I'm being honest, the dude just has no rhythm when he tries to. It's actually really funny; he's always a word behind." He replied chuckling. "That's what I was laughing about when you called me a sociopath."