ⓣⓗⓘⓡⓣⓔⓔⓝ

————❀————

Two years had passed when Merlin stayed with the mother and son pair. At first (Y/n) didn't trusted the black haired mage, but Arthur had taken a fond of interest at her. 

The woman being experience with battles, what his mother had not experience.

As his mother was avoiding conflict and was keeping a low profile whenever she was travelling. 

The boy enjoyed Merlin's stories as he also wanted to fight to save people. Eventually (Y/n) had accepted Merlin and let her stay with the condition of protecting her son whenever she wasn't there.

The two mages grew closer to each other and with their time spent together they considered themselves as family.

Merlin suddenly became a teacher for both (Y/n) and Arthur, despite years of training (Y/n) had not fully suppressed her powers just yet.

One day Arthur met someone who in which he thought was a Holy Knight. The knight saved Arthur at falling to his death and was impressed at Arthur's courage and how fearless he was when he fell to his doom.

Upon knowing what had happened the knight was also impressed at how Arthur had forgiven his fellow student and the son of his teacher, the knight had said to Arthur that he should be a King instead of a knight. As he did possess courage and the strength to forgive others.

His true identity was soon revealed by two men, The 11th King of Liones Bartra Liones.

When he came home Arthur never stopped talking at how he met the King of Liones. He was very ecstatic until when he told his Mother about what Kay his spar partner did. 

"Then what do you feel about him Arthur?"

He instantly answered, with a straight and courageous face.

"I don't blame him. I'm not angry at him. He just couldn't take anymore losses, but I'm not saying it's my fault. I always give it my all to improve, just to protect you Mama."

When his mother heard those very words, she just couldn't keep her tears anymore.

"My baby boy is growing up as a fine young man!"

She puts her hands around him and showers her son with big kisses.

"Ugh Mom! Stop it! This is too much!"

The boy's face showed an embarrassed expression was flush with pink tints, his arms trying to get his mother off him.

(Y/n) wasn't stopping until laughter was heard in the direction of the door.

"Ugh Merlin! I'm having a very sweet time with my cute little Arthur!"

"No can do (Y/n)-Chan, Arthur needs to sleep. It's passed his bedtime."

The woman with golden orbs says with a playful tone, and uses magic to get her off her son and drags her out of the room.

"Goodnight Sugar Plum! Sweet dreams!"

She says as the door was about to close in from of her. As soon as it closed her face went sour, her mouth pouting, eyes was glaring daggers at the floor.

"You can put me down now."

with a grumpy voice and a few groans towards the ebony-haired mage. 

Merlin put her down on the sofa, as she sat on the chair right in front of it and using magic to get some drinks and snacks.

A tray filled with different kinds of deserts and two cups of darjeeling tea flowed down on the mini table.

The silver-haired lady picked up a chocolate cake and took a bite out of it. while the woman in front of her was sipping down her tea.

"So what is it?"

Merlin puts down her tea and her face has turned straight.

"You're getting worse (Y/n). The unstable amount of dark magic inside you is getting out of control."

(Y/n)'s body stiffened, her voice shaky and her bright ruby orbs turned dull.

"What do I do now?"

She says with her voice filled with worry.

"There might be a place that can help you control it, But we can't be sure they can actually do it. I myself do not know what they are truly capable of."

With those last words silence has filled the room, Merlin drinking quietly to let the person in front of her think about her decision.

"How long? How long till it starts havoc again?"

"We may have a minimum of  20 days."

"I'll go in 10 days. So Merlin--"

"Protect your little baby, I know. I know."

The woman with dark ebony hair says with a small smile towards the over protective mother in front of her.

The ruby-eyed lady's mouth turned into a smile. Relief that her son was in good hands.

"So where and what is that place called?"

"It's up north, a place called Istar. It's where the Druids reside."

(Y/n)'s eyes was suddenly filled with surprise.

"The Druids huh.. If I can remember they are the one's that worship the Goddess Clan. Is there even any left?"

"There are a few left I believe."

"Alright then..Uh.. Merlin Thank You for this."

She says as she stands up and walks to the direction of Arthur's room.

Upon entering the room, she quietly approaches Arthur's sleeping form. Laying down next to him, examining his face. This was the boy who she raised and he was a lot bigger and a lot stronger now, and besides Merlin is there to protect him

She was deeply saddened as she would have to leave him and wouldn't know when to come back.

'But before that I'll have to spend my remaining time just with you.'

She carefully pecks her son's forehead, trying to not wake him up.

"I promise, I'll come back to you."

———————