37 | Old Friend

Cat

It has been weeks since I had that sudden and unexpected trip to my Mom's grave. Nate found me and took me away. I passed out in his car and when I woke up I was in his bed, at his house! Aenid and Faye were watching over me and I could hear them whispering beside me. Those two girls were the sweetest, I swear.

Mr. and Mrs. Vann were there as well and kept on apologizing to me and chastising Nate in front of me.

Grace came to visit me telling me how worried she was. And I am telling you, that girl can be so confusing. One moment she was angry at Nate for making me feel that way and the other moment she was defending him telling me how good he is for me.

I spent another night at Nate's house because Nate and the girls insisted. Telling me that they need to make sure that I am fine. I swear those three will be the death of me. They were always conspiring together against me but it was always for my own good. Never to harm me.

The next day, I refused to stay at Nate's house, afraid that I was already imposing too much. Though they were positive that they would love it if I stayed. Aenid and Faye even ask me to move in with them which I refused politely. There is no way I would move in with Nate though the idea is quite enticing. I've been sleeping in the same bed with Nate and I am afraid that I am slowly getting used to it, addicted even more.

I just promised them that I would stay a couple of hours with them after school and office or maybe, Aenid and Faye could have a sleepover at my apartment which Nate finds a bit unfair because it means he will be left out.

These past weeks Nate was being good to me. If he was so considerate before, he was impossibly ever so considerate this time. He always shows how important I am to him and his daughters. He always proves that I will not be a burden to him and his daughters by showing how they need me instead of the other way around. He never lets me lean too much on him and sometimes he was the one leaning on me.

He made me feel his love in every possible way.

The rumor about me being his mistress had subsided and was replaced by me being his girlfriend. He made sure that it was so obvious. Though he is not showing too much of a public display of affection, he keeps me close to him always. He always holds my hand when we are walking and from time to time he would kiss my forehead anywhere especially if we are separating ways.

Whenever we are alone in his or my office, we would always kiss. And I am telling you, he does that a lot. He already told me how much he loves kissing me and he proves it to me by kissing me whenever he gets a chance. That thought still makes me blush.

He keeps checking on me from time to time making sure that I am not in pain and comfortable. Sometimes I will still have the normal waxing and waning of my symptoms but that is always unpredictable. He picks me up at my apartment, we take the kids to school, eat lunch together, and pick up the kids to school. Sometimes, he would take us to dinner out or to my apartment which always ends with the girls having a sleepover.

Mr. and Mrs. Vann were very supportive of our relationship. I still cannot believe that they have been rooting for me to be Nate's girlfriend for years. They planned this all along.

Alvin also found out about my relationship with Nate. At first, I felt a little guilty. He was hurt, I could see the pain in his eyes when I broke the news to him. But at the end of the day, he wished me to be happy. I know that Nate is in constant contact with him talking about how to manage my illness and I am grateful for that to the two of them.

I still haven't told Nate that I love him. I am sure he knows I feel something for him but he always thought that it was not as much as he felt for me. But he was wrong. How I feel for him is so strong that I am blindly loving him despite my worries. I love him more than life itself. He and his daughters were the meaning of life to me.