8 | School

Cat

The next day, I came to the office extra prepared. I even called my old boss and his wife to ask about their son's preferences in case I missed some important details so that I will not commit any mistake in the future.

The two were very much willing to tell me the preferences of their son. I didn't know why but Mr. and Mrs. Vann were too kind to me. They even told me that if their son treats me badly, I should tell them which made me a little touched.

Today, Mr. Vann will be visiting the Departments of the company and I found out from my old boss that he preferred that his assistant would follow him around taking notes for him.

So, when the time came that he was supposed to visit the departments, I started following him around.

During the time that I was following him around, I did get to study his features. He is tall with broad shoulders. I could also tell that he's got lean muscles underneath that suit that he is wearing.

His medium-length brunette hair is parted on the side and looks classy. He is gifted with natural beauty and leading man looks. I bet his wife is feeling so lucky to have a hot husband like him.

Wait. What was I thinking? Did I just think that my new boss is hot?

Yes, he is! But I cannot see him as a hot guy or things will be awkward. Right?

Well, aside from his physical looks, I also get to know him better.

He is indeed a natural-born leader. Charismatic and confident. He could project authority and could drive his people to a common goal.

And since it is his first week as the new CEO and President of his father's company, he never shows negative traits in front of his employees. Well, except for me.

Because I already noticed how dominant, intolerant, cold and ruthless he is. And he is quite obsessed with efficiency and professionalism. And he is kind of, well, insensitive and sarcastic.

Finally, we are back in his office. And I am already feeling my feet hurting. Damn! Not now, I cursed at my feet internally.

"Would there be anything else, Mr. Vann?" I asked because I am dying to leave his office, sit down on my chair, take off my shoes and raise it in my footstool to make my foot comfortable.

"Hmm...Find me the top three schools suited for my daughters." He said in a serious tone.

The corner of my lips lifted a bit. Good thing, I've anticipated this and prepared ahead of time. "I got the top schools suited for your daughters, Mr. Vann."

I said as I opened a file on my portable pc and showed it to Mr. Vann. I noticed that one of his brows quirks up a bit. I believe I deserve a compliment after this.

But I got only silence in return. I watch as he reads the file.

"Would you like an all-girls school, Mr. Vann?" I asked, trying to help him choose.

"No." He replied in a cold tone.

Urgh! Can't he be at least appreciative in his tone?

"Which one of these is the best?" He asked.

Is he asking for my suggestion?

Okay! Time to impress him. I said with a goofy smile on the back of my head.

"According to surveys, Livingston is on top of it. They offer a rich and broad curriculum, with Art, Ballet, Drama, ICT, language, Music, and PE all taught by specialist teachers. It was said that their curriculum is the best in the country. They also have extracurricular activities like trips and visits, school clubs, and community services. When it comes to the security and safety of their students, they have the highest security among other schools. That is why it is the first choice of rich families, politicians, and celebrities for their kids." I said with complacency.