19- Change of Pace

Start from the beginning

Taehyung began to sob, feeling completely vulnerable and absolutely frightened now as he struggled more against Jungkook's grip. "You're nothing more than my bitch," Jungkook spat out, adding insult to injury as he purposefully spit in Taehyung's face. Jungkook reared back his fist and before he could punch Taehyung again, someone seized his arm. He glanced back, not even hearing Jimin enter the room as Jimin wretched Jungkook's arm behind his back and yanked him off of Taehyung. Hoseok rushed in right behind Jimin, making a beeline for Taehyung. "What the fuck is your problem?!" Hoseok shouted as he helped Taehyung into a sitting position.

Taehyung nuzzled into Hoseok's arms, sobbing softly as he buried his face in Hoseok's shoulder, his face covered with his own blood. Jungkook promptly stood up in an absolute rage, trying to twist Jimin off of him. Jungkook's body was shaking with how furious he was currently, attempting to smack Jimin. Jungkook managed to break away long enough to try and lunge at Hoseok and Taehyung. Hoseok hastily dodged him, dragging Taehyung along with him as Jimin now shoved Jungkook against the wall by his shoulders. He was trying to maintain the situation, but Jungkook was making that so difficult. "He's not innocent! He started this fight! I'm just ending it," Jungkook shouted as Jimin finally noticed that the whites of his eyes were red.

Jimin sighed loudly as he glanced back at Hoseok. "Check his eyes," Jimin declared, holding Jungkook in place. Hoseok did as requested and checked Taehyung's eyes, noticing that the whites of his eyes were red. Hoseok didn't know if that was from the amount of crying or if he'd done drugs before they arrived. A quick glance around the room gave Hoseok his answer as he noticed that the pipe they had used was still laying on top of the bed. "Did you and Jungkook do drugs, Tae?" Hoseok asked as he cupped Taehyung's bloodied face tenderly. Taehyung nodded slightly as he gripped Hoseok's wrists in apprehension, Jimin sighing loudly behind Jungkook. "I'll take Jungkook to the nurse's office to come down there. You make sure Taehyung gets taken care of too, will you, Hobi?"

Hoseok nodded as he grabbed Taehyung's hand and pulled him to his feet. Hoseok directed him towards the nurse's office, taking a different direction from Jimin and Jungkook. Hoseok gently patted Taehyung's head as they walked, trying to calm him down now that the fight was over. "Tae... Maybe you should consider someone besides Jungkook... He doesn't seem like a good match for you," Hoseok suggested softly, only for Taehyung to cry harder. Taehyung didn't want to consider choosing anyone besides Jungkook. He liked Jungkook more than anyone would understand, even if they had their differences. It never changed the way Taehyung felt about Jungkook.

Hoseok bit his lip at Taehyung's fresh tears, trying to find a way to be a supportive friend but also a rational voice for Taehyung. He pulled Taehyung's head towards his chest, gently stroking his hair as they continued to walk. "It's okay. M- maybe he just needs to calm down then," Hoseok defended, rubbing the back of Taehyung's head. Taehyung nodded softly, snuggling further into Hoseok's chest as he walked alongside him.

||

The nurse silently inspected the injuries of both Taehyung and Jungkook behind a partition wall to keep them from seeing each other at the moment. He wanted to make sure they were completely calm while inside his office. Jimin had already warned him about the situation surrounding Taehyung and Jungkook and he wanted to make sure they wouldn't fight again. Especially after noting the injuries Taehyung had sustained compared to Jungkook.

The nurse sighed with exasperation as the redness in the whites of Taehyung's eyes gave away that he was inebriated. The nurse was well aware of what intoxicated Taehyung at this moment, but a toxicology report would only confirm what he already knew. "Must you really do this to your parents, Taehyung?" The nurse asked in exasperation, gently swabbing the blood off Taehyung's face. He tenderly cupped Taehyung's face in his hands, gently rotating his face from side to side as he regarded the bright purple bruise forming around Taehyung's left eye.