Chapter 23

~Author's P.O.V~

The news of Jungkook having a son, made Taehyung and his wife a bit confused. The four of them just stood there and looked at each other's faces. And the situation turned out to be very awkward.

"Congratulations, Jungkook. You just gave us quite a surprise," Mira broke the awkward silence and went to YN. She gave YN a hug and said, "You must be Hyun's mom! Now come with us."

With that said she took YN with her and Jungkook followed them. Taehyung decided to grab the kid and squeeze its cheeks. All of them went to the yard where the eldest couple were busy preparing the food.

"You guys are finally here! We came very early so, we were just waiting for you. Now where's the little man?" the president asked standing up from her chair. Taehyung then came forward holding Hyun in his hands as if the kid were a pet dog or something.

"Hyung, put my kid down! Why are you holding him like that!" Jungkook whined. Taehyung just chuckled and said, "I think he likes it. Don't worry." Now everyone was laughing at the situation except one person.

Jungkook's father was standing beside the barbecue grill and kept staring at Hyun. He couldn't process as to what was happening and who the two new guests were. "Anyone care to explain!" He asked earning their attention.

"Um, dad! He's my son, Hyun," Jungkook answered while taking the kid near the old man. "My biological son! In case you're wondering! And that's his mother, YN," he added pointing at YN.

YN was now quite nervous. She didn't know how Jungkook's father would react. So, she kept staring at the ground biting her lips.

"If that's the case, then come on now little man! Give your grandpa a hug," he said kneeling down and extending his arms towards Hyun. Everyone was relieved seeing his reaction. They left a sigh of relief. "But don't forget that you owe me an explanation, son!" He said looking at Jungkook and then started playing with Hyun.

YN and Jungkook freshened up and came out in the yard. They saw Hyun running around with Taehyung's dog, Yeontan and other's were having fun looking at the kid. A kids presence made the environment much more bright and cheerful.

Now, after about two hours, the food was ready. YN and Mira was setting Up the table and the old couple was taking a rest. The other three were doing God knows what.

~YN's P.O.V~

Now that I looked at him, he seemed quite different with his family. Not like his usual grumpy self at the office. He was fooling around with Taehyung while my kid was loitering around the lake.

"Hyun, come here now. The food is ready," I shouted from the yard. But he was busy in his own world. I went to collect him but he kept running. "Mommy catch me if you can!" He exclaimed. Even the two handsome young men were also laughing at me instead of helping.

I was about to catch Hyun when I slipped and fell on the water. Great! The water wasn't that much deep so I tried to get up but my foot was stuck onto something. I looked at the boys with pleading eyes, but they kept laughing.

"Just help the poor girl, Kook!" His mom yelled from the yard. Now he grew some conscience and came to help me.

He got down on the water and bent down in front of me to pull out my leg. I wrapped one of my arms around his neck. My white shirt was now see through and my red bra could be seen clearly. As he was dangerously close to me, I got embarrassed and my cheeks were burning red.

"Don't be so shy, YN! It's not something I haven't already seen," he whispered in my ear with a smirk. With that said, he pulled me out of the water and lend me his jacket. Without wasting a second, I ran inside the house. I could bet, everyone was now laughing at my embarrassment.

~~~

After the lunch, we all spent a quality time together. I heard some of their funny stories and also told them a little bit about myself. I never imagined Jungkook's family would be this much adorable. And the entire time, Hyun was hugging Taehyung's dog tightly. I was afraid, he wouldn't let the poor dog go anytime soon.

I was taking a stroll into the woods, when I heard footsteps. I looked behind only to find Jungkook running towards me. My heart started beating faster. Well, it was not new to me at all. He always made my heart skip a beat.

"You shouldn't be alone here at this hour. It'll be dark soon. Let me give you company," he offered. "Yeah, nice excuse dumbass," I mumbled under my breath. "What did you just say!" He asked, but I just shrugged my shoulder.

We were walking side by side when suddenly I tripped onto something. Before I could fall, he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me towards him. Now, his face was very close to mine. I looked at his eyes and then my stare drifted to his lips. I didn't know what came over me, I just grabbed his shirt's collar and kissed him.

He didn't waste a second and melted into the kiss, as if he was anticipating this moment for a long time. He tightened his grip around my waist which made my heart almost jump out of my chest. I was lost in the kiss when a noise from somewhere brought me back to reality.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...," I tried to explain while pulling away from him. But he pulled me back again in his embrace and whispered in my ear, "I think I'm falling for you, YN. Can't you just stop running away from me. This kiss is the proof that you have the same feelings. Then why are you holding yourself back?"

He confessed!! But I was freaking out internally. I didn't know what to say. I wasn't sure about my feelings. I pulled back and looked into his eyes. They were sparkling with hope and affection. I couldn't manage to say a word and ran away as fast as I could.

~~~

We had to get back to Seoul, so all of us packed our stuff and got ready to bid farewell. But the event took a quite amusing turn, due to Taehyung and Hyun's bickering.

"I won't give him back! I'm taking him with me!" Hyun screamed while holding the dog with all his might.

"That's not happening while I'm alive. Yeontan is literally my son! Give him back, you little punk!" Taehyung yelled back.

If Jungkook didn't hold his angry cousin back, there would've been a massacre. And after a lot of trouble, we managed to take Yeontan away from Hyun. Though through the whole ride to Seoul, Hyun didn't stop crying, even for a second.