Chapter 16

~Jungkook's P.O.V~

The whole day I couldn't focus on my work. All I could think of was her teary eyes. I could see the hurt in them. Even during the meeting, I spaced out thinking about her. What was happening to me! Was it guilt or something else!

It was late and I decided to head back home. When I turned on the lights in my bedroom, my eyes fell on my empty bed. It only made me remember the sweet events of last night.

Her cherry lips, I wanted to taste them. Her velvety skin, I wanted to caress them. Her natural scent, I wanted to inhale them, again!

My mind was getting clouded by the each passing second. This room, this bed, only reminded me of her. I couldn't stay here anymore. I went back to my car and decided to go to my mom's.

"Kook!! What a surprise! Finally you miss your parents! Take a seat, we were just getting started with the dinner," Mom said seeing me inside.

I walked up to the dining table where father was already sitting. Mom also came back and took a seat in front of me.

"Can I stay the night here?" I asked.

"Do you need to ask! We are glad you're here. Now tell me, what happened with you? Why are you in this condition!" Dad asked pointing at me.

His question made me realize that I was indeed in a quite untidy appearance. Messy hair, undone tie, disheveled collar, I looked like a mess.

"Um, I wa-was just warming up a little bit," I replied.

"Warming up, at this hour! Young men these days! So, what would you say about those purple marks on your neck! Do young men these days go around showing them too!" Dad asked in a mocking tone.

"Honey, he's a grown ass man! Don't embarrass him like that. You were like that too, remember!" Mom spoke cutting into our conversation.

They were having the fun of their life, teasing me like that. But my cheeks were now burning red with embarrassment. I kept my head low and finished the dinner.

                               ~~~

I tried to sleep but couldn't. My sorted life had turned into a mess within a few days. I needed some fresh air, so I went to the garden and sat on a chair.

I was staring at the black sky, completely lost in my thoughts, when I heard footsteps coming near me.

"Kook, is everything okay dear? What are you doing here at this hour?" Mom asked being concerned and took a seat beside me.

"I just couldn't sleep, mom. There's just too much work!" I replied.

"Son, look at me! Do you think I can't see what's going on? I'm your mother! You can tell me anything. Is there something wrong between you and Miss YN?" She asked putting her hand on my shoulder.

I wasn't surprised anymore that she connected the missing pieces. I bent down and put my head on her lap. She was stroking my hair gently. Then I began telling my story from the scratch.

"You really are immature, do you know that? How could you threaten that poor girl about going to the court! You must have scared the hell out of her. She's a mother after all," she exclaimed.

"I know, mom. I didn't mean it that way. The words just came out of my mouth. And how can I just sit around knowing that I have a son! I want to be around him, but she won't let me. Why does she hate me so much!" I exclaimed being frustrated.

"Well, judging the fact that, the first time you left her without saying anything and then the second time, you took advantage when she was drunk, it's hard for her to trust you. Even I would say, what you did last night, it was completely wrong."

Hearing her words, I jolted out and sat straight. "Don't you think I already know that! Stop rubbing it on my face!"

"So, what are you gonna do now? Have you thought of anything?" She asked.

"I am gonna do a DNA test and if she still refuses to let me meet Hyun, I'm going to court for his custody," I explained.

"If you do this, it's the kid who will suffer in the process. Just do the test to make her change the decision. But never say a word about the court, I don't want my grandson to suffer like this. If I ever get the chance, I'll talk to her. I hope she'll listen to me."

Saying that she stood up and went inside.

~Author's P.O.V~

Next day, when YN went to the office, Aera bombarded her with questions. She was very much excited to know about the function.

"YN, where were you yesterday! Why didn't you pick up your phone? You know, I had so much to ask. So, what happened at the party! Did anything interesting happen?" Aera asked being all excited. Positive energy radiating from her face.

"It was just a boring party, Aera. Don't be so excited. Nothing interesting happened," YN replied raising her eyebrows.

At her reply Aera scooted closer to YN and looked around her both sides as if she were going to tell YN a confidential information. Then she whispered, "You do realize that I can see your hickeys!" Then wiggling her eyebrows at YN, she asked again, "So, who's the lucky guy! Tell me! Was he hot! Or could it be that it was our hot boss!"

Hearing her words, YN hurriedly untied her hair and left them open to hide her purple hickeys. She was so busy finding a proper daycare for Hyun, that she forgot to hide the purple marks.

~Time skip~

Now Jungkook was very much determined about Hyun. He planned out everything what he needed to do. But for a consecutive few days he couldn't find Hyun in the kids center. He soon realized what YN was upto.

He was checking some files in his office when someone knocked on the door.

"Did you call me, sir?" Asked Yiren.

"Miss Lee Yiren! YN is your sister, right! And I know you heard everything that day. So, I need your help."