XLVIII

"And now it has a better stabilizer that can even count how far your target is."said the black haired man beside her as he pointed at the front of her bow.She had learnt his name was Fitz,he was the one which was towering over her bow."Sorry we just took it without asking."

Valerie gave him a small smile."It's fine."

"It's amazing how Mister Stark makes all these."Jemma,the brown haired female whom was also towering over her bow said.

"Oh,this wasn't made by him.But thank you for the updates."Valerie smiled at the duo before putting her bow on her back.

"Oh?Who made it then?"asked Jemma,she sparkled with excitement all over.Eager to know more.

"Hawkeye did."she replied with a smile as she moved away from their work table and out of the lab.Christopher suddenly appearing beside her.

"Ready?"he asked as he spared her a slight glance.Valerie nodded as they made their way down the long corridor and out onto their boarding room.It held more than five quinjets and big black cars.Apparently the spy theme wasn't only in movies.

Their own was at the front and already prepping for take out.Man was time flying so quickly the last couple of days.

Phil and Agent May were there having small talk with Agent Moore.

"That has to be the quickest mission I ever had."Valerie said as she turned to look at the blond beside her.

"Better for you though,you'll be back at the facility earlier."said Christopher with a small smile.She didn't want to exactly point it out to him but he didn't appear cheerful in the least.Especially not after their small incident at the facility were Natasha had caught them.

This was more complicated than she thought.

"About that..."she started.How was she going to explain to him that she wasn't going back to the facility but back in DC to find an ex HYDRA assassin and help him.Yeah it definitely didn't sound crazy at all."I'm-"

"Agent Barton,"said Moore."We are ready for take out."he nodded his head towards the jet before entering it.Valerie nodded back before taking a small breath.Yep this was getting harder and harder with the moment.

She walked up to the front of the jet stopping to face Phil and May."Thank you again,director."said Valerie.

Phil just smiled at her while giving a pat on her arm."You stay out of trouble and give my regards to Fury."he said.

"I can't make such promises but I'll try."she laughed lightly."Agent May."she nodded her way,which she got a nod back and a stare not as cold as the previous time,before entering the jet along with Christopher.She gave them a last wave before the vehicle took off.

***

Valerie had been looking at the screen of her phone for quite a while now.Re-reading information and just in general pictures.

Bucky's pictures.

She thought it kind of weird to do such a thing,it was almost like stalking but at the same time she knew that she just wanted to help him.And hopefully without getting caught.

The map showed that he was still in DC for some reason.She hoped he hadn't realized that she was tracking him.

Questions roamed her mind.

What if he didn't need help?

What would be his reaction?