XXXV

Taking a big breath and slowly putting one foot in front the other she walked down the stairs to the party.It was finally time to see how that thing worked around here.

The place was literally filled with people.Either sitting in groups and talking or dancing further away,drinking mindlessly or enjoying themselves around the attractions around the room.One of them being a pool in which Steve and Sam were at smiling and laughing with each other.She also caught sight of Thor saying a story excitedly to some elder people while sitting in couches.

Music played in the background keeping the atmosphere warm or at least that's what she thought.Finally reaching the bottom of the stairs she looked around her,searching for familiar faces.

When she caught Bruce walking around she instantly saw the unpleasant look on his face."Hi Mister Banner."Valerie smiled at the curly haired man when he walked beside her but didn't see her.

"Oh,hello."he smiled."I almost didn't recognize you."he said in his calm voice.How much she preferred him like this.

"Enjoying the party?"she asked.She felt like it would be awkward if she just thanked him for the compliment.Not that it wasn't already awkward.

"Not really,"he pulled his glasses off of his face and looked through the lenses once before putting them back on."This isn't really my thing."he nodded lightly his head to the crowd filling up the huge room.

"If it helps I've never been to a party before."she shrugged lightly."And I just turned twenty three."

"No high school prom or birthday party?"he asked,putting his hands inside his pants pockets.

"Believe it or not my life wasn't exactly easy after I lost my hearing.So I'm new to all this as well."she smiled at him."And you know what I think we both deserve to have fun tonight."after that comment he didn't particularly seemed more excited but definitely not as gloomy as before."Well I need to go find my partner and I will see you later."she patted him once on the arm and smiled once more before walking away.

She maneuvered herself through the people to get a better glimpse of how everyone spend their time.Her white sleeveless dress fell above her knees in an A-line flowly skirt.A small golden belt adorn it and white short heels.They didn't add any height difference to her but they were definitely comfortable to walk around.If she had chosen any other pair right now she would be still at the stairs.

"Oh,come back,come back,come back."she heard a voice say laughingly.

"Believe me it won't."she commented as she joined Steve and Sam at their pool table.

"Hey,Valerie,"he gave her a small hug which she gladly returned."How's that gift going?"

"Well,obviously better than planned."she smiled up to the two males."And the arm as well."she motioned to her previously broken arm.

"Good to know,good to know!"said Sam smiling brightly."Now stay here to give me some luck.I'm trying to beat Cap in this."Sam said as he leaned against his billiard cue.

"Oh that's how it is now,huh?"Steve said with an amused expression.He leaned against the table and positioned his cue to a white ball.He then hit it and two other balls entered in the gaps around the table."Someone spoke too soon I guess."

"I think you boys can handle yourselves."Valerie smiled and gave Sam a small pat before moving away and near the bar.She never had an alcoholic drink before and honestly in the same space with her father it wouldn't be the best idea. Speaking of him she still hasn't seen him yet.

Thor with Tony,Maria and another man she didn't recognize stood there talking and drinking."Ah Miss Smith!An honor for you to join us."Tony said just as she was about to pass them while he raised his glass.