XXXVI

Thor's booming laughter filled her ears."But it's a trick."her father said as he twirled a drum stick in his hand.Where did he even found that?

After all the guests took their leave,some of them extremely drunk,like that poor old guy that was carried out-he did look though like the man who worked at the museum though that Steve and her went to "borrow" his suit-the rest of them stayed around.With the exception of Sam.Christopher also had taken his leave as Stark had told him to look into the whole computer situation.

It was kind of disappointing to see him go but at least they got to dance without her father murdering the poor man.For now.

"Oh,no.It's much more than that."Thor replied to her father's comment while a smiling Steve agreed beside him.

"Uh,'Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!'"Clint lowered his voice to mimic Odin,Thor's father,as he pointed at his hammer which was on top of the table across from them."Whatever man!It's a trick."

Thor laughed once more."Well please,be my guest."he motioned towards his hammer.Did he really just told him to pick up his hammer?From what Valerie knew was that the first time Thor had came to earth was because his father thought he wasn't worthy of the throne.So he said that who ever is worthy of the throne will be able to pick it up.Well apparently Thor managed to become worthy and here we all are.Waiting for her father to be humiliated in front of his friends.For God's sake he was still in recovery.

"Come on."Tony ushered him.

"Really?"Her father asked half surprised half sarcastically.He placed his drumsticks down and got up making his way to the hammer.

"Oh this is gonna be beautiful."Rhodey commented.

"Clint,you've had a tough week,we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up."Tony said as everyone laughed,even Valerie found herself snickering.

"That was mean."She pointed at Tony while shaking her head at her father silently.

"You know I've seen this before,right?"Clint asked Thor,the blond nodding with a smile.He placed a hand on the handle and pulled it with quite a loud groan.That was his bad side.He pulled a second time before laughing."I still don't know how you do it."

"Smell the silent judgment?"Tony asked with a slight raised eyebrow.

"Please,Stark,by all means."her father pointed at him.The man got up with an exaggerated clearing of his throat while unbuttoning his black jacket.Everyone around the circle let a few comments which made her snicker once more.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge."said Tony,as Clint rolled his eyes and took a seat beside her,clenching lightly his aching side."It's physics."he looped his hand through the ribbon part that was attached to the hammer.Another string of funny comments went and came around.

"Physics."Bruce scoffed while laughing.

"Right,so,if I lift it I...I then rule Asgard?"Tony asked turning to the blond God.

"Yes,of course."replied Thor utterly amused by the whole scene.

"I will be reinstituting Prima Nocta."he said full of confidence as he pulled hard on the hammer with both of his hands."Be right back."he said in an already challenging tone.This man wasn't having a defeat with Thor's hammer.

With now he's jacket off and his own armoured hand he tried pulling the hammer from different angles,the hammer from the other hand didn't budge at all.He even made Rhodey wear his own armor,which she now connected that he was War Machine, in his hand and even along with him he didn't manage to move it at all.