XXXIII

Everyone was now back to the jet, after taking down the base.No exact information were exchanged between the members so that meant that everything was clear and safe.Loki's scepter was with them and with the exception of her father everyone else was in one piece.

Natasha had brought Bruce a pair of large headphones and he was blasting opera music in his ears apparently to not let the Hulk out or perhaps to even relax himself.It was strange actually hearing opera so loud but if it helped him she was fine with it.While her father was given as much care as they possibly could,since Bruce was busy and couldn't exactly treat him at the moment.

Steve was beside her looking also down at the unconscious figure of her father while Thor roamed around the jet,probably interested with the quinjet's structure.Natasha got up from her seat close to Tony's on the control panel and moved besides Bruce.An expression she hadn't seen before flashing across her face,something between happiness and even worry.

"He's going to be alright."Steve said in a calm voice beside her,placing a hand on her shoulder.She was at least glad that the bond she had shared with him a year ago wasn't gone.He remembered that the two of them were close but she was glad he didn't knew they were that close.But at least someone was supportive.

"Thor,report on the Hulk."Natasha suddenly said making everyone turn to her direction.

"The gates of Hell are filled with the screams of his victims."said the God proudly as he clapped his hands together.Valerie sighed and shook her head lightly,pinching the bridge of her nose as Natasha turned to look at him with an almost glare as Bruce buried his face in his hands.Steve beside her,looked around the jet as he tried hard not to laugh."Uh,but,not the screams of the dead, of course.No no,uh...wounded screams,mainly whimpering,a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and,and uh...and gout."Yep a bright man but unmistakably naive.

"Yeah,because that made things much better."Valerie said as she patted Thor's arm."Good job."she cleared her throat as the God gave her a confused expression but a smile at the same time clearly not used to sarcasm yet.

"Hey Banner,Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul,is it okay if she sets up in your lab?"Tony suddenly asked from the front of the jet,changing the subject.

"Uh,yeah,she knows her way around."said the doctor as he turned to him.

"Thanks."he said shortly,returning back to his panel.

Valerie moved away from her father for a while and sat quietly in another place,near where Natasha was at the moment to rest her legs.It has already been a long day."So,"Natasha started as she joined her side."Anything in particular you're looking forward on breaking this time?"she asked with a slight smirk.

Valerie laughed lightly as she placed a strand of hair behind her ear."Not really.Just looking forward on him getting better."she nodded towards the resting figure of her father.They stayed silent for a few seconds before Valerie rolled her eyes."No I'm not looking forward on seeing my 'boyfriend' as you call him."she crossed her arms in front of her chest as she looked at the smirking redhead."He's a friend nothing more.Besides guess who's going to ask questions if I got an actual boyfriend."Valerie scoffed as she leaned back against the wall.

"He would be fine.You deserve someone to look after you as well.You've been through a lot.Having someone to care for you once in a while isn't so bad."Natasha said as her gaze had momentarily shifted to Bruce.It was so quick she barely missed it.

Her and Natasha were starting to have a different bond now.One that wasn't there during the days she hadn't joined the Avengers.And she utterly enjoyed her company.She put aside all her past.Whatever she had gone through and had done were that.Past.Nothing more.