XLII

"Come on,go,go,go!"Valerie exclaimed at the people that run around her.

The plan was to evacuate the city from all the civilians,yet the sun wasn't even up yet.It was cold and her bones felt like they were running slowly and painfully through glass.Maybe it was because she was feeling nervous.This definitely wasn't like New York.It was worse.And cold.

Her father was close by as he guided people into safety.Wanda and Pietro were also around the city while Steve was in the roads guiding cars away.Bruce and Thor had gone underground and Tony was off to stall Ultron.

She never felt more nervous.Not even when Loki came down to Earth with aliens.Maybe it was because of the look her father had earlier.The sadness as he looked at the picture.He was a man with no superpowers,only bow and arrows just like her.He could only do so much to help.

When going on a mission she always had the fear he would never come back.But until now he did and she was more than grateful for it.If anything were to happen to him she would never forgive herself.Across from her Clint gave her a reassuring nod.Apparenlty she had been staring at him too long without realizing it.

The first rays of sunlight started to show on the horizon and so did the chaos.Robots started to fill the streets,coming from every direction,even water.

She pulled out arrow after arrow and shot.She often had to use her own fists to deflect some of them.And dear God they were a lot of them,coming in waves.

When her coast was clear she run to help people out of the way.She had to plant more arrows on robots but she helped as much as it could.

Suddenly the ground started to shake.An earthquake at this time?She looked around and saw terrified faces looking for somewhere to go only for nowhere to be safe.The ground kept shaking violently.

It was then that she realised this wasn't an earthquake but something tearing the city from the rest of the ground.Roads,houses,cars even people crumbled around as slowly the one part that was Sokovia was slowly flying into the sky.What the hell was Ultron doing?

After the shaking had stopped she tried to guide people away from the edges.They were still going higher and higher in the air which was a very very bad sign.

"Stark,you worry about bringing the city back down safely.The rest of us have one job:tear these things apart.You get hurt,hurt 'em back.You get killed,walk it off."Steve said through her earpiece.

"Yeah that's convenient."she muttered as she pulled another arrow and threw it straight at a robot's head.

More and more robots came and she had already started to ache.This was so messed up.

She was pulled to the side by an arm just as a robot was ready to crash her.She turned to see her father being there throwing his own arrows.He seemed tired already as well.This was taking a toll on everyone.Bit they wouldn't back down not without a fight.

She threw another arrow to a robot and had to kick it in order for it to at least crumble.Clint pulled her and Wanda,that was close by,from the incoming robots and into an abounded house.

Valerie groaned in pain as she made contact with the harsh ground.Glass pricking her fingers.Clint pulled her up and sat her at the wall along with Wanda."How could I let this happen?"Wanda muttered as she crawled at the wall beside her.Valerie breathing heavily as she looked down at her bloodied hands.

"Hey,hey,you okay?"asked Clint as he turned to Wanda.

"This is all our fault."Wanda said in almost the verge of tears.