When Matt's life changed

Soooo sorry for not updating in like a month!!! A lot of family issues came up and I had to go all over the place. Buttttt, I am back and ready to roll. Also I apologize for all of the misspelled words, I will edit eventually, but so far most of the story has been written on my tablet which changes words. Am I blaming my table? Yes, yes I am. 

***Kaizer's POV***

After Matt came back from inside Benny made him take a warm shower and dry off. "You will get hypothermia and die!!" Benny exclaimed. Both Matt and I looked over at each other almost in tears of laughter.

 "Benny, its like 87 degrees outside!" I tried to explain. However nonetheless in the shower went Matt. 

When Matt came out we both laid on my bed and turned on old cartoons on my flatscreen. Benny brought us both apples and boy was I grateful for it, I was getting quite hungry after all of that running around. Benny believes in the old folk tale 'an apple a day, keeps the doctor away' So he makes sure that I eat an apple a day, if not he goes crazy. 

"It's a 2 months away isn't it?" I asked Matt, not daring to look at his face. 

"Indeed" he replied, his voice cracking a little. "Can you come with me? Please? I don't think I can do it alone." "Kaizer I miss him so damn much." Matt begged as a tear escaped his eye. 

I simply smiled and said "Of course."

*last year, exactly two months  from today." 

Kaizers POV 

I heard my window open and of course like everyone else, I went into my best ninja pose and pretended I knew how to fight. It was then I saw Matt crawl through the window. This wasn't unusual. His parents didn't really take care of him, so he'd just come to my house. My parents acted as if he were they're child by now. 

I looked up to see a broken Matt. A Matt that couldn’t breath, through his hyperventilating, a Matt that could speak out of shock. A Matt that couldn't see out of his eyes that were filled to the very top with tears. 

"Omg Matt. Are you okay? Whats wrong?" 

"He.. it... car... couldn't... save... paramedic" He couldn't find words to say. I grabbed him by the back of the head and forced him to my shoulder where I let him cry until there were no more tears to cry. After a while he fell asleep. I gently laid him down to go get Benny. As usual my parents were at work somewhere out of the states. 

"Benny..." A tear slipped out of my eye.

 "Was is it dear? Have you had a nightmare?" Benny asked sympathetically. “

Something is wrong with Matt. I don't know what it is but he's in really bad shape. What do I do?"

Benny gave me a sympathetic smile yet again. "Be there for him, through whatever it is." 

Matt woke up screaming not even 20 mins. Later. I rushed back upstairs into my room where he latched on to my arm so tight I thought he was gonna rip it off. "He. where. I. They. Car. drunk." 

"Shhhhh Matt, it's okay, I'm here. Shhhhh everything is going to be okay." 

"DAMIT KAIZER NO IT'S NOT I HAVE NOONE!”

 "What do you mean? You have me, and Kenny, and" 

"Kenny's fucking dead." Shock spread across my face. 

"What?" 

He let out a long staggered sigh.. "We were driving home from getting taco bell when a drunk driver hit us. Kenny had the firemen pull me out even though I was fine. Little bruised up but fine. They had to use the jaws of life on him to get him out. At the last moment something went wrong and he bleed to death. Kaizer it's all my fault.. I wanted taco bell. I should be dead. Not him" 

"Matt you're wrong. Now shhhh everything is going to be. Okay. I. Promise.” I said in between each sob. There we were doing nothing but crying for the rest of the night. 

It took Matt, a couple of months to recoup. He was too scared to go home so he jumped houses. My parents said he could live with us of course, he simply said it was out of the question till he could get a job. 

*Flashback done* 

Benny knocks on my door to see two sleeping teenagers in my bed. I guess Tom and Jerry got pretty boring and so we passed out. "Kaizer, you must wake up, it is dinner time. Matthew, will you be staying for dinner as well?" 

Matt sat right up, "You bet! Benny you're a great cook!" Benny smiled and went back downstairs to the kitchen.  Matt left soon after dinner. 'It's only 39 more days till mom and dad get home' and with that thought I fell asleep. 

Poor Matt :,( Anyway, hope you're enjoying the book so far even though I haven't updated in a while. I will try pretty hard to keep updating. My next chapter will be longer than this one. I just felt guilty for not updating in so long.  Also don't forget to comment and vote and all that good stuff. See ya later!