Tea, talks, and artifacts

Your POV

Steven pours the hot water over the teabags and into each cup. "Where to start?" Enji takes a sip and hums. Thinking to himself with closed eyes. "Well, I've lived in this area my whole life. I spent the 70's rocking out with my old blues band, then met Greg in beach city in 82'. That's also when I retired from the band in favor of late life soul searching in the forest. I visited the forest often. So often that I started camping there a lot. It was amazing there. Much better than at home."

He pauses, to take a sip of tea. Which you copy, your eyes still glued on him taking in the details he spit. "And then I came across your mothers ship. I didn't dare touch it. But I continued wandering until I found her. She was in a simple sundress, with her hair in a ponytail. I'll never forget. She was in a huge area of just dirt, planting seeds neatly, in perfect rows. And of course I noticed her gem, and her green body. I've heard of alien stuff all around the world. But I never thought I'd see it myself. I automatically went up to her without thinking. Like my body moved for me."

Flashback
Enjis POV

"Hey, what're you up to planting out here?" I found myself coming up to the mystery lady, in a friendly tone. She looks up at me through her lashes with soft eyes, then stops bending over, finished planting a seed. She fills her full height, considerably taller than me. By about two or three feet. Keeping in mind I was 5'10" myself.

I was ripped out of my thoughts as her voice rang through my head. She was quite obviously a brute by the tone of her voice. Her nature was to be authoritative, But she seemed so gentle. And her voice showed this. You could tell she was made for yelling, but she uses a soft tone with every word. It was intoxicating.

"I'm planting my favorite flower so I can have my own space." I smiled up at her and looked out at the dirt area. "I can't wait to see them bloom, you planted them perfectly...what's you're name mystery lady?" She looks back and down to him. "My name is emerald. What's yours?" "I'm (f/n), but my friends call me Enji."

She gives I quizzical look. "Friends?" "You- don't know what a friend is? Oh geez. A friend is... somebody you can talk to, about anything. Someone you believe in and can trust, that does the same for you. A friend is, someone you go places with and have fun with. Someone that gives you stupid nicknames like enji...I can be your first friend." I look up at her bashfully.

She only stares back down with stars in her eyes. She smiles brightly. "I have a feeling you're the only friend I need!" And when she said that...the whole world went slow. I loved making her happy like that. She was so excited.  I wanted to make her happy all the time. Or atleast keep this happiness up.

"Well I'm not gonna call you emerald all the time, though it's a beautiful name, I'm thinking something short. Like...Emmie." She ponders it and tests it out in her own voice. "Emmie....I like it!"

End of flashback
Your POV

"And I decided to make a cabin that very weekend, I wanted to give her a proper place to be, and a bit for myself. We spent the next 20 years falling in love and making this masterpiece right here" your dad pulls his arm over you and he shakes you a bit. You blush a bit. Steven is smiling at you two and silently thinking.

"Did she ever tell you anything about her life before earth?" He asks the question that's been plaguing your own thoughts. Your dad lets you go and sips more tea. "She did tell me she traveled space, and she was made for conquering planets, but never got too deep into anything." Steven furrows his eyebrows. He remembers the green flames she torched the citrines with.

"Have you ever seen her powers?"
"Oh yeah! I've seen her hammer a few times, and she can make plants grow faster. I saw her breathe green fire in her sleep once. I'm not sure if she had more powers though." "Mom had fire breathing powers?! I wanna breathe fire!!" You scrunch you your nose trying to will fire up your throat.