Rough night

Your POV

You were still in Stevens kitchen on the barstool waiting. You heavily thought about waiting in his room, but wanted to let him change. You still wanted to sleep in the same bed, if he was ok with it. Shortly after that thought the shower stops.

Finally, Steven emerges from the bathroom as steam blows out. It reeked of flowery body wash. You laughed. "For a guy you use awfully feminine body wash." Steven adjusts the towel around his waist, blushing and looking away. "Shut up, it smells good." You glimpse at his shimmering pink gemstone, dripping in magical water, just by being in contact with his powerful stone.

"Yeah you're right. Go change. I'll wait down here." He jumps a little. "Uh- ok." He leaves quickly, blushing madly. At the top of the first flight, he turns around. "Do you want pajamas or something?" You look up at him. "Yeah, that'd be nice." He smiles and turns around, up into his room, getting a pink star shirt, and basketball shorts, giving them to you before getting dressed.

As he got dressed, you went back into the steamy bathroom, and looked into the foggy mirror, seeing your blurry glowing green form. You wipe away the steam and study yourself. Fully. 'What is it going to take? Can I be human again? How can I? It's impossible. I have to accept this.' A tear rolls down your cheek.

Suddenly a knock on the door quickly makes you wipe it away. "Uh- (y/n)?" "Hold on!" You quickly take your white polo off and torn shorts. "Uh...I'll get you new shorts. Sorry we ripped them." Steven says through the door as if on que. you put on the shirt, which went halfway down your thighs. You inspected the shorts and decided not to wear them. The fabric was so irritating. Why would anyone sleep in these shorts?

You open the door, and steven stumbles over as he was leaning in the door. You snort laughing. And hand him the shorts. "I'm not wearing these." "I-Uh. Ok. Do you just not want pants?" He asks beginning to glow pink in the face. "The material is irritating, and this shirts big enough."

He looks down at the shorts. And internally could agree that basketball shorts were kinda crappy. Before steven could say anything, you felt his mood. "It's ok steven, Let's just go to bed." You we're already starting up the stairs, and he begins to follow.

Stevens POV

I look up as I'm walking and immediately go stiff. Being behind (y/n) going upstairs, with no pants on? I was already thinking about how wrong it was to look in the back of my head. I also kept ignoring the small voice in my head to look away. She was wearing white panties with red hearts and lace trimming. To say the least, they were totally out of her character.

Days ago, when me, garnet and (y/n) went clothes shopping at the mall garnet took her into Victoria's Secret for undergarments. She obviously had this exact moment in mind. This thought made me look down smiling. 'Garnet playing Cupid.' Soon we were all the way up and (y/n) opens the door. "Wow!! It's so cute in here!" I'm taken out of spacing out.

Your POV

"Uh- you think so? It's kinda bland.."
"What do you mean? Everything in this room must have a story! It's like I can feel it." Steven chuckles. "Yeah I've told you some of these stories the night we caught up." He points to the painting of him and garnet on the wall. "My friend vedalias painting the one day me and garnet found cat Steven,"

he then points to a picture under it. "Ruby and sapphires wedding." He points to a poster. "The Saddie killer and the suspects concert where I bubbled my friends." Then above his bed. "The lunar sea spire mission. My first test. That I failed." "Steven..." you hug him. "Even if you failed that, look at everything else you've done. I mean, look at me! You're in the middle of saving me now, don't you realize that?"