Its different

Stevens POV

After yesterday with (y/n), I kept wanting to visit moms room. Just to see it again. Walking through the living room, (y/n) was spacing out on the couch clearly in deep thought. I walked past the warp and (y/n) noticed. "Where are you going?" I turn around. "To my moms room. Do you wanna come?"

She looks away debating it, but getting up. She walks over, as I activate the door, opening up as a rose. I walk into the pink cloudy room turning around to see (y/n) looking around from the doorway cautiously. I smile. "Come on in!" She slowly walks in and turns to see the door disappear.

"Watch this. I want a bed." A bed appears for me to lay on and I pat next to me. She only sits down. "Could I ask for stuff?" "No...but I can ask for you! What do you want?" There's a long pause. "I want to be human."

My mood falters. "Room, make (y/n) human." Nothing happens. "Wait! Room, make (y/n) look human." Nothing happens again. "Maybe it can't change your appearance?" She lays down next to me. "What if you made a human version of me?" I sit up causing her to follow. "I want a human (y/n)." Slowly a bundle of clouds forms into (y/n).

In color instead of green. She was wearing an off white lacy sun dress. I basked in her radiance. And took her details in. Gladiolus flowers grew around her feet. The pink clouds behind her complimented her green aura. Her (h/c) hair was flowing in the ambient wind. Her sparkling eyes. She was gorgeous.

The real (y/n)  gets up off the bed and looks at herself. I walk up behind her. "So much better in color." I gush. She looks back up at me and huffs. Human (y/n) looks at me with soft eyes and a light smile. Her eyes were full of emotion. A glow came from (y/n) as she summoned her weapon from her gem.

A huge war hammer, with sharp green stones on the ends. I could only imagine if poofing a gem with ease.

She lifts it screaming and slams it onto her human self

She lifts it screaming and slams it onto her human self. I've never seen her angry. Nonetheless show this much emotion. She screams out a curse word as the clouds dissolve.

"(Y/n)! What's wrong!" "I'll never be human again Steven!! My human half is dead!! Forever!" A branch like horn began sprouting through her glowing hair. "(y/n) calm down! We're gonna find a way!" Tears welled up in her eyes. The room reflected my mood bringing rain and a grey hue.

"(Y/n), you can't give up!I'm gonna fix you. No matter what. I'm not giving up anytime soon. you shouldn't either." She looks up at me. Her tears dissolving the clouds under her. Her hammer poofs. She then looks down and slowly trudges to me, leaning her head into my chest.

I was frozen. I never thought this would happen. I wrap my arms around her and hold her tight. She begins hiccuping crying and latches around me, gripping tight. My heart squeezed at this. "I'm sorry (y/n). I should've never brought you here..."

she sniffles and gets her hear four of my chest. "No. I needed to see this. There's one more thing I want to see." She puts her hand up to her chest and pulls a photo from her gem. She smiles at it and puts it in my palm face down. A note was on the back.

My divine daughter. Ive traveled countless galaxies, and lived thousands of years. But on earth with your father, I would find myself  day dreaming about you. So grown up. Surrounded in pink. It was never my color. But you were gorgeous nonetheless. And I know you will be.
Your mother, Emmie

I turn the photo over and gasp. It was (y/n)s mom. Emerald. "You...want me to make your mom?" I remembered when I made my mom in here. I sigh. Only for (y/n). "I want to see emmie." The room takes on a green shift as a tall form is created. Emerald.

She had pale green skin and dark almost black green hair, pulled into a poofy ponytail. She was in a simple white dress, with embroidered green flowers. I wasn't entirely sure if it was how I'd think she'd react subconsciously, but emerald saw (y/n) and started crying. "Baby..." her arms stretch out to her, which led my gaze back to her.

She stood in utter shock, frozen. Emerald took a step towards her. "Baby I'm so sorry...you..you're so grown..!" (Y/n)s shoulders drooped as she ran into her moms arms. I only watched on sadly. Though I couldn't shake a bad feeling away.

(Y/n) backed off and cupped her moms face in her hands studying her face with intent. Taking in every detail, trying to see if this was all in her head. She then slowly turned to me, and from behind her shoulder I could see her broken eyes brimming with tears... something about the way shes looking at me is breaking my insides. I went to her side, tears of my own forming. (Y/n) looked down sniffing in thought.

"I killed myself mom." Emeralds eyes glassed over again at the name, "I know sweetie...I was there." She points to her emerald gemstone. The aura around (y/n) grew hot, and violent. I could feel it instantly. Like I was connected to her.

"YOURE NOT MY MOM! YOURE NOT ANYTHING LIKE MY MOM! YOURE JUST-" she cuts her self off and grabs at her glowing gemstone. A black handle appears as she pulls her hammer out again, quickly lifting it up into the air. slamming emerald into pink clouds.
"A stupid cloud..."

she crumpled to the floor silently crying as her hammer disappeared into sparkly dust. "If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing. It hurts to see your mom. Especially when she died to become you. It's...complicated. -But you're the only one who understands..we're similar."

She looks up at me and begins to grin a little. My heart went warm at the sight, causing me to smile back. She shuffled over and hugs me tightly. burying her face into my shoulder and inhaling deeply.

I hold her tight and close my eyes trying to enjoy this moment in every way. This hug was so much more full than the last. Something inside her seemed to click...I love hugging her. She's so small in my arms, it makes me want to cover her completely from harms way, safe under my protection... It's so cute to see her so human. Yet I say that like she isn't. She's the most human hybrid I've ever met...the only hybrid. The only one who understands what I'm going through. In some way.

(Y/n) suddenly speaks up, cutting me from my train of thought. "You smell like a rose garden in the morning dew." I crack a grin trying not to laugh. "That's oddly specific." "Well, not just rose. Like hibiscus and peony." my eyebrows knit as I look to the side and back at her.  "...that's oddly specific." I laugh and hold her tighter. I had no idea what this was doing to her though...

Your POV

In Stevens embrace your body was on fire, your heart raced and you felt light headed. "Steven...thank you for bringing me here." you rasp out to him. He looks down at you with his puffy eyes, and soft smile. You couldn't help but smile. "You think you needed this?" You look down in thought. "...I think we both needed this."

You lean into his embrace again and close your eyes enjoying his scent again. Slowly you began to feel numb, melting into Stevens arms. A bright light. A heavy feeling. Something different.

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile I've been trying to figure out some last minute details, in how I want the book to end, and how the characters develop later on. Also trying to sketch some decent stuff. But I'm back!! ON A CLIFFHANGER HAHAHA >:) I just made a poopy 4 am sketch with Emmie compared to canon emerald too. Trust me I got way better sketches for later chapters already done 🥺

 Trust me I got way better sketches for later chapters already done 🥺

Ew gross.