36

mark's mom sat in the living room, waiting impatiently for her husband to show up.

"where is he?"
she mumbled, looking outside seeing if his car was here yet. it was almost eleven-thirty-pm and he still wasn't home. her suspicions were growing, and she knew in it her heart.

after ten more grueling minutes of waiting, finally, she heard the door unlock. the door opened to a somewhat tired, and drunk looking man. she had enough, and it was time that she showed him.

"where the hell have you been?" mark's mom scolded him, getting up from the couch. "i was out, why is it your business?" mark's dad spat back, standing on wobbly feet. "you're drunk." she sighed.

"i'm not fucking drunk," mark's dad cussed. "i'm a fucking man, i deserve to have a little fun." mark's mom couldn't believe it, was he really this immature? "fun? that's what it is?" she questioned.

"yeah, it's fun. something you don't know anything about," he growled. "for god's sake you are pathetic! you go out and get drunk late at night, you've kicked our son out, what is next!" she yelled.

"he deserved to get kicked out!" mark's father yelled. "he is not my son, he was damn well filled with some mental disability. he took the consequences of his behavior. that doesn't change anything!"

"it does change! you're just a failure of a father to even fucking see! jesus christ, i can't believe you." mark's mom retaliated. "that is MY son that you kicked out of my house, and you had no right!"

"i had every fuckin' right, and i can do it to you too!" his father shouted angrily. "you will not! if anything i want your ass out of this house this instant! you are no priest!" mark's mom protested.

"i want you out of this house by tomorrow! get out, get out NOW! you're disgusting, you are no father, and i will gladly get your ass kicked out of the church!" mark's mom shouted, throwing a shoe.

"i'll just fucking leave, it's not like i ever loved you in the first place." mark's dad scoffed, before walking up the stairs.

+

mark looked outside of the window sitting on the couch, unable to sleep. the thought of his dad lingered in his mind, and his mother's safety scared him even more. 

"can't sleep?" johnny spoke, making mark flinch. mark turned to see johnny shirtless, and in his typical grey sweats. "yeah," mark said shyly. "just worried about a few things, that's all." he admitted.

"you wanna talk about it?" johnny said, sitting across from the boy. "i'm just scared for my mom." mark said. "i love her, and i just worry that my dad will hurt her like he did to me y'know?"

johnny scooted next to mark, and pulled him into his arms. "i know you're scared markie," he said softly. "but you're safe if you're with me. you know that right?" and mark giggled, "yeah, i know." 

"i'm sorry," mark said, starting to cry. "this is all my fault." he sniffled. "why are you crying? none of this is your fault, in fact it's my fault in the first place. i should've just listened." johnny chuckled.

"don't apologize," mark stopped him. "it's fine, it doesn't matter anymore. i know this is a huge mess but it's worth it in the long run, don't you think?" he asked. johnny shrugged, "yeah, maybe."

"hey," johnny said, pulling mark in by the chin. "call me by your name and i'll call you by mine." he smirked. mark scoffed, "did you just quote a gay romance movie?" the elder nodded proudly, "yes."

"you're unbelievable." mark responded. "yeah, i know." johnny agreed with him. mark's phone then vibrated, alerting mark immediately. he slipped it out of his pocket, and it was his mom calling.

"mom?" mark said through the phone. "he's what?" mark repeated once more. "oh shit," mark whispered under his breath. "what?" johnny asked worriedly. mark sighed, eventually smiling proudly.

"looks like my dad ain't coming back." mark laughed.

+

fuck its ending?