14

"so what are we doing at the beach exactly?"

johnny stood next to mark as they watched the waves brush ashore. "this mark lee, is going to be part of our project." he said proudly, a smile on his face. mark scoffed, was this guy really serious?

"our project? excuse me, but i'm the one turning this in. not you." mark corrected him. "oh mark," johnny said in a fake-sympathetic voice. "i'm the one who's in it, so shouldn't i get to take part?"

"well, yeah but this is my grade, not yours." mark responded. "let me take the lead on this one, you trust me right?" johnny asked sincerely. "we met like a week ago, not sure if i can." mark laughed.

"just trust me, okay?" johnny asked one last time. mark sighed, giving in. "fine. you better not kill me." johnny gasped in excitement, "alright. i need you to stand right over there, cuff your jeans."

"why am i the one going into the water?" mark pouted. "just trust me." johnny repeated once more. mark rolled his eyes, taking off his shoes and cuffing his jeans and walking to the shoreline.

"stop right there!" johnny shouted as he saw mark standing at the shoreline. "stay there! and spread your arms out!" mark did as he was told, as he spread his arms out leaving a silhouette behind.

johnny took out the camera, turning it on. "wave your arms markie!" johnny yelled from a distance. mark waved his arms as he smiled and recorded the whole thing, "walk backward mark!" 

the younger boy did as told, and walked back as the waves became stronger. the wind was strong, causing the current of the waves to become huge, but mark continued to walk back anyway.

as mark walked back, a giant wave had taken mark with it, and he fell into the water. mark would've been able to get out easily, but the problem was, mark couldn't swim.

so mark struggled to get out, gasping for air and trying to reach out for help. johnny noticed how mark disappeared, and it didn't take long for him to realize that mark wasn't swimming, he was drowning.

"fuck," johnny said under his breath. he took off his shirt and shoes and dropped the camera and ran as fast as he could to save mark from death. "mark!" johnny yelled, as he noticed mark struggling.

he ran into the water and saw mark's hand give up and instantly grabbed him from the water. mark was unconscious, and johnny was panicking. "shit," johnny cursed, carrying mark bridal style.

as he arrived back on the sand, he laid him down. "mark, mark, wake up!" johnny said, he tapped his face. "mark, wake up for me, please," johnny said as he tried shaking him to wake him.

as all hope seemed lost, one last tap on the face and mark slowly opened his eyes. "hyung," mark croaked. "oh my god, thank god you're not dead." johnny said breathlessly, with sudden relief.

"you almost killed me..." mark said weakly. "i know, a-and i didn't know you can't swim, i'm so sorry mark, it was my fault, i should've just let you stand there and not move, i'm so sorry mark, i-"

"hyung," mark cut him off. "it's okay, don't worry. thank you for saving me, really." mark said a small and weak smile on his face. "it's my fault," johnny said, voice cracking. "i didn't protect you."

"if saving my ass from drowning and jumping in the water with your clothes on isn't protecting me, then name something else for me." mark joked. "thank you hyung." mark said once more to him.

johnny smiled in the end. "you're happy that i didn't kill you at least, right?" johnny asked jokingly. mark giggled, "of course not."

+

say say don't give up !