23

"thanks for having me here." mark said as he stood at johnny's doorway. "it's no problem, i enjoyed it. we'll do it again, yeah?" johnny said, with his beautiful smile. "yeah, of course." mark giggled.

"my parents are here now, so i should go. i'll see you soon." mark said once more. "wait, one last thing," johnny stopped him. he went down to kiss mark's cheek, and instantly noticed the boy's blush.

"there, now you can go." johnny said with a satisfied tone. "see you monday." mark said once again. "see you monday." johnny responded. mark waved goodbye before he walked to his house.

as mark unlocked his door and opened it he saw his parents in the kitchen, preparing dinner. "hi eomma, hi appa." mark said as he walked into the kitchen and straight to the fridge to get a snack.

"woah, being formal i see?" his father snickered. "johnny-hyung said that i should start doing it, formal speech is very important apparently." mark replied getting granola and a water bottle out.

"you know, we haven't met this 'johnny' boy personally. bring him by sometime." mark's dad responded, his eyes still fixated on the tv screen. "yeah, i guess." mark said, thinking back to yesterday.

"how was your vacation?" mark suddenly changed the subject. "great, the pastors were great. they were talking about doing some protests in june." his dad replied. "protests?" mark asked confusedly.

"for 'pride' month. that's what it is apparently. it sounded like a good idea, protesting about the ones who go against the word of god. you should come with me." mark's dad suggested. mark hummed.

"yeah.." mark said quietly. "i'm gonna go shower...i'll be back for dinner." mark replied as he grabbed his snacks and went upstairs. he felt uncomfortable by his dad's words, it was discomforting.

mark opened the door to his room, and flopped on his bed as he sighed. "i hate it here." mark said, pulling his phone out of his pocket. he went to johnny's contact immediately, having an urge.

mark
hyung

johnny
yes mark?

mark
what are we gonna
do about...us?

johnny

you mean about the
kiss?

mark
yeah

johnny
we'll just be quiet

johnny
unless you wanna do
something else

mark
no, it's fine

johnny
is something wrong mark?

mark

no

johnny

you're a terrible liar
mark

mark
my mom says that too

johnny
you want me to call you?

mark
yeah

mark

go to your window please

mark got up from his bed, as he stood in front of his window, waiting patiently for johnny to show up. he saw johnny then stand in front of him, and he instantly smiled. his phone then vibrated.

'hey.'

"hi."

'what's wrong mark?'

"just my dad, you know that stuff."

'is everything alright with you and him?'

"no, honestly it's just kinda awkward."

'sorry to hear that markie.'

"i miss you."

'i miss you too, even though you're right across from me.'

"yeah, but i miss seeing your dimples up close."

'my dimples?'

"yeah, whenever you smile."

'that's so cute.'

"what do you miss about me hyung?"

'everything mark.'

"you're making me red."

'you like it though.'

"flirt."

'if i was with you, what would you wanna do?'

"runaway."

'oh, to where?'

"somewhere far away, where we could be who we wanna be?"

'somewhere exciting?'

"yeah, like disney world or something."

'i'll take you one day.'

"promise?"

'with all my heart.'

"are your parents home?"

'yeah, my mom is cooking dinner now.'

"you better eat with them this time."

'and why should i listen to you?'

"because i told you so."

'but you're younger than me.'

"and i'm also telling you to spend time with your family."

'whatever.'

"i should go, my mom is almost ready with dinner."

'yeah, of course. text me when you're done.'

"you miss me that much?"

'yeah, i do.'

"okay, i'll text you then."

'see you soon markie.'

"see you soon hyung."

mark hung up the phone as johnny and him looked at each other from across the window. mark waved goodbye once more, as johnny smiled back at him. mark finally walked away, as he disappeared.

something about leaving johnny made him feel sad, and a little part of his heart hurt. he liked spending time with johnny, even if it was just a minute.

+

im tired