Chapter 24: The Date

Chapter 24

The Date

 Camille bursts through my bedroom door with bags in her hands and a large makeup box, "Where's he taking you?"

 I pop my head out from the bathroom, "Nice Italian restaurant then a movie."

 She tosses the bags on the bed, "Ooo. Nice. Is he paying?"

 I walk out of my bathroom, "He insisted."

 Camille winks, "Even better."

 I was standing there in just my bra and underwear, "So, what were you thinking I should wear?"

 Camille squeals and clasps, "I was thinking you'd never ask. So I was thinking-"

 Just then I hear Louis say from the hall, "What are you two gaping at?"

 I turn my head and see Niall and Liam staying at me from across the hall. Louis stood and turns his head and he raises his eyebrows, "Oh."

 Camille swings the door shut as I feel my cheeks begin to burn. I cover my face with my hands, "Oh my god that's so embarrassing!"

 Camille laughs, "Please, what's to be embarrassed about?"

 I blink, "Um, hello! They saw me in just my bra and underwear!"

 Camille laughs, "Did you see their faces? They were impressed. Don't be embarrassed, hon."

  I hit her on the shoulder, "Camille!"

  She tosses her head back in laughter, "You're so innocent. It's adorable."

  I cross my arms, "I'm not innocent."

  Camille gives me this 'oh really?' look and I look at the ground and mutter, "Okay, whatever I'm innocent." I freeze and look up at her with wide eyes, "What if Cole tries to kiss me?"

  Camille walks to my closet, "Do you want to kiss him?"

  I sit on my bed and shrug, "I don't know."

  She gives a small laugh, "You better figure it out soon."

  I give a quick glance at the door, "I've only ever kissed Louis." Just the very thought of it makes my body feel hot all over. His lips were so soft just like his touch. The thought of kissing him makes my head spin. How could something that feels so good be so bad?

  She comes and sits beside me, "I know."

  "Camille," I pause, "I don't know what to do."

  She sighs, "Well, only you can answer that, Mary."

  I fiddle with my hands, "I know. I wish I didn't have to."

  Camille stands up, "Let's just see how tonight goes, okay?"

  I nod, "Okay."

~~~

  Camille hands me a grey dress with pink roses on it. We decided on black ankle booties for my shoes. Camille shuts her make up box and takes one last look at me and gives an approving nod, "I did good."

  I look at my reflection, "You sure did."

  She pulls her car keys out from her pocket, "Tell me everything tomorrow. Spare no detail. Do you understand?"

  I grab a pink bracelet and follow her to the front door, "I promise."

  She turns around, "I'm holding you up to that promise."

  I roll my eyes, "Oh I know you will."

  Camille walks out the door and yells to me, "Good luck!"

  I smile and shut the door. The clock reads 5:07. Our date was at 5:30 but i was going to try to get there around 5:25. Which meant I had to leave at 5:15. I take a deep breath as I walk down the hall struggling to open the clasp of my bracelet. I bump into someone in the hallway, dropping my bracelet. I dont even have to look up to know who it is. Louis' cologne hit me as we collided. He scoops up my bracelet and studies it in his large hands. I look up at him to find him already looking at me. There is silence for a moment, neither of us really sure what to say to the other. his eyes slowly run down my body. Not lustfully, but rather just taking it all in. "You look beautiful," He whispers making sure his voice doesn't make it to Harry's room.

  I smooth out my skirt, "Thank you, Louis."

  He gestures to my left arm, "May I?"

  I nod and hold up my arm. He gently grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him. Oh god his smell was intoxicating. He wraps the bracelet around my small wrist. I have to focus on his hands to keep from looking at his face because I knew if I did it would take everything in me not to kiss him again. The hook on the bracelet closes and he releases the bracelet but not my hand. He runs his thumb over my fingers, "You're shaking. Are you nervous?"

  Pulling my hand away I nod. 'From you.' "Yeah. I've never been on a date before."

  I feel his eyes on me, "I would take you on a date."

  "You can't."

  "Why not?"

  "You know why."

  There is a long silence. Louis speaks up, "Kiss me."

  "Louis, I'm about to go on a date. With someone else." I twirl my bracelet around and look at the ground.

  "I know that. I wish it was me. It's not and I know that. I know its wrong and selfish, but i hope things don't work out with him because I had feelings for you before you changed. I noticed you before. Not after. I want you to be with me but i won't force you to be with me. I would never do that. I know you leaving to be with someone else it will hurt but if its what you want then thats okay because its what you want. When you walk out that door there's a chance of you returning with feeling for someone else. So dammit, Mary, kiss me."

  I look up at his face. Dammit why would you do that, Mary? You know its over now. Just kiss him. It's one kiss. I reach up and grab his face and press his lips to mine. He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me into him. With his other hand he runs his fingers through my hair. I pull back and he lets go. We look at each other for a moment and I say, "I need to go."

  He nods. I turn to walk down the hall but he grabs my hand, "Louis..."

  He looks at me in the eyes, "Have a nice time. I mean that."

  Cole and I did have a nice time. But he wasn't the one I was thinking about.

~~~

Okay I'm so sorry I haven't updated. You have no idea what's been going on in my life and things are finally settling down. With summer coming there will be updates. Just please stick with me, guys. First five commenters get to know what happens next chapter and the fist commenter also gets the next chapter dedicated to them.