Chapter 17: "He doesn't get to tell me how to feel."

Chapter 17

"He doesn't get to tell me how to feel."

   I had arrived home from school and I went back to my room. I toss my book bag beside my desk and throw myself stomach down onto my bed. I just lay there for a few minutes and think. Should I go after Cole or Louis? I grap my pillow and pull it under my head. My stomach growls and I sigh. Tossing my pillow back to the head of my bed I get up and walk to my kitchen. As I open the fridge the front door opens and the boys come in. Niall pops his head into the kichen "Mary, can you make us food?"

   I roll my eyes, "I have homework. Make it yourself."

   Niall gives me a weird look, "You okay?"

   I move things around in the friedge, "I'm fine, Niall."

   "GUYS, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MARY AND SHE WON'T TELL ME WHAT!" Niall yells.

   I slam the fridge and glare at Niall. I here foot steps run towards the kitchen and all the boys pile in. Louis hops onto the counter and just stares at his hands. 

   "What's wrong, Mary?" Zayn says.

   I groan, "Nothing is wrong."

   "Grades?" Liam says.

   I laugh, "No, of course not. You know me. right?"

   "The new look?" Zayn questions.

   i roll my eyes, "No, much to Harry's displeasure"

   "Are you on your period?" Niall asks with wide eyes.

   I glare at him, "No. I'm not, Niall."

   "Is it-"

   "I just have a lot on my mind, alright!" I yell. and turn towards them.

   For the first time Louis and I make eye contact and he says looking me in the eye, "A boy?"

   My face falters and I turn away, "No. Can we drop it please?"

   "That's it!" Zayn yells.

   "No it's not." I say with a sigh.

   "Liam gasps, "Yes, it is!"

  "Shut up. No it isn't." I groan.

   "Who?" Niall says.

   "No one."

   "Just tell us, Mary."

   I lean on the counter and glance over at Louis, "It isn't just one guy." Louis looks over to me and I look away.

   Zayn winks, "Oh, looks like Mary is getting all the guys now, isn't she?"

   I give a small laugh, "That wasn't quite what I meant..." 

   The boys share questioning glances and Liam opens his mouth just as the front door opens and Harry walks in ,"Hey, guys. Whatcha guys talking about?"

   I clear my throat, "Nothing. Right, boys?

   Louis speaks up, "We were talking about Mary's boy problems."

   Harry's smile fades and looks at me, "What?"

   I look between Louis and Harry, "Ummm... Nothing."

   HArry walks towards me, "What boy problems, Mary."

   I glare at Louis, "There are no problems-"

   Harry gives me a hard stare, "Mary, don't lie to me."

   There is a silence. I didn't know what to say. Then all the sudden Zayn yells, "OW! Gosh, Liam, you elbowed me in the eye!"

   Liam looks at him, "No! I didn't I didn't touch you!"

   Zayn glares at him and punches his shoulder and jerks his head towards me, "Yes, you did."

  Liam looks between me and Harry and catches on, "Oh, you're right. I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there."

   Zayn looks at Harry, "Will show me where the medicine is?"

   Harry sighs, "Fine. Let's go." Harry and Niall leave and I am so grateful for Zayn's diversion. I'd have to thank him for that later. 

   Liam shrugs, "I'm bored. Let's rent a movie."

   I nod grateful of the changed subject, "I'll make some food."

   Niall throws up his hands, "Finally!"

   We laugh at Niall's constant hunger and the boys go to living room. I pull open the freezer and grab some chicken and lay them out on a pan then toss it the oven. I lean against the counter and rub my temples. Why did Louis have to be Harry's best friend? Some one clears their throat and I turn towards the doorway to see Louis standing there. I look away and  walt to the cabinet and reach for a new bottle of ranch dressing.

   "Need help?" Louis questions seeing my struggle.

   I sigh and give a little hop trying to reach the bottle, "I've got it."

   Louis walks over to me and grabs the bottle with ease and hands it to me, "There."

   I grab the bottle, "I had it."

   He smirks, "Sure you did."

    I push pass him and set the ranch on the counter, "What do you want , Louis?"

   He walks toward me, "I wanted to apologize."

    I back up until I'm against the counter, "For what? Embarrasing me in front of the boys or for bring sucha sensitive subject up in front of my brother on purpose."

   Louis takes another step towards me so we were touching and whispers, "For everything."

   I can feel his hot body against mine and I was... angry. I push him away from me, "Who do you think you are?"

   He stumbles back, "What do you-"

   I glare at him and push an accusing at his chest, "You-you think you can go and just do what ever you want and then bat me around like I'm just a play toy or something!"

   Louis' eyes dart to the living room, "Mary, keep your voice down-"

   "Or what? Harry will hear? Yeah that's the point. I-I couldn't do that to him. You shouldn't to that to him." I say looking at him.

   He straightens his posture and says in a hard voice, "He doesn't get to tell me how to feel." Then he leaves.

~~~~~~~~~

My apologies to everyone who I gave hints to last chapter. I know I changed it. I'm sorry but I thought I should do something to show how Louis really feels and everything. 

So what do you think!? Next chapter will be good in Louis' point of view for part of it and it will be GOOD!!! First five commenters will get a hint about the next chapter and the first will have the next chapter dedicated to them! Gif of Louis during the boys' and Mary's conversation :(