Chapter 2: The Rule

Chapter 2

The Rule

*Click* *Click* *Click* *Click*

No, no, no, no. Please keep walking I’m not here. I don’t exist. Just keep walking.

*Click*

I sigh and turn around and see Jessica, Madison, and Emily standing there. Jessica gives me a fake smile, “Oh well would you look at that.” She purses her lips ad says, “It’s Mary.

I flinch at the harsh tone in her voice. She laughs and then her face darkens, “You did our home work right?”

I quickly nod and shuffle through some papers in my folder and hand them each one. She quickly scans over it and then she glares at me and hisses, “This is only biology.”

“Th-that was all you asked for.”

She rolls her eyes, “God, you are such an idiot, Mary! You know you do it all!”

“I’m sorry.” I whimper shrinking back.

She smirks, “Oh no. It’s fine.”

I give her a cautious look and she yanked my glasses off my face, “Hey. Emily, catch!”

They toss them back and forth just out of my reach as I jump up trying to catch them, “You guys stop! This isn’t funny! I need those!”

Jessica cackles, “And I needed my homework so I guess we both have a bit of a problem don’t we?”

She tosses them to Madison but they slip through her fingers. A hand flies up behind her and grabs my glasses. Louis pushes between Madison and Emily and walks over to me. When Jessica sees its Louis she pulls her shirt down to reveal more of her cleavage. I hug my books tighter to my chest and Louis hands me my glasses back and I put them back on.

Jessica walks over to Louis and stokes his bicep, “Hey Louis, I didn’t see you there.”

He pulls away from her and snorts, “Yeah, I bet you didn’t.”

She opens her mouth but he cuts her off, “You wanna know something, Jessica?” He leans closer to her and they are almost touching. She giggles and bites her lip.

Oh, what was that sound? My self-esteem flat lining. Yep.

He continues, “A big turn off for me is sluts.” He chuckles and leans back, “So we could never happen.”

I throw my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing out loud. She gasps and stomps off with Madison and Jessica in tow. I finally burst out laughing and Louis gives me an amused look. I compose myself and blush under his gaze, “Thank you.”

He gives me his signature smirk, “Anytime.” He winks, “Anytime.”

I gulp and he just walks off.

What just happened?

~~~

I was waiting out in the parking lot looking around for harry. I didn’t see his car in the lot. I sigh and pick up my book bag. He had forgotten me again. Anger wells up inside of me. I WAS HIS SISTER! This wasn’t the first time he’s forgotten about driving me home. I get home and sure enough his car was in the drive way. I walk into the house to see him and the boys sitting on the couch playing Call of Duty. I stomp over and shut off the TV followed by angry shouts from them. I turn to face them and say, “Hey. Harry you forget something at school.”

He thinks for a moment then he looks at me, “What?”

I smack the side off his head, “Me!

His eyes widen, “Oh shit! I’m sorry, Mary!”

“Sorry? You’re sorry?! Okay, I get one time. Twice, I was pissed. But, three times?! Come on, Harry!” I throw my arms up in emphasis.

He shrugs, “I said sorry.”

I roll my eyes and march to the kitchen, “I’ll believe it when I see it!”

I was getting food when I hear Niall say, “Dude, your sister is hot when she’s mad.”

I hear Harry punch him and Niall says, “Ow! That really hurt!”

I hear the TV turn back on, “Good. You know the rule.”

What rule?

Zayn groans, “We know, Harry.”

Louis says with a bored tone, “Don’t kiss, date, flirt, or hook- up with Mary.” He sighs, “We know.”

Um, what?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FIRST PERSON TO COMMENT WILL HAVE THE NEXT CHAPTER DEDICATED TO THEM!!!

PICTURE OF MARY ON SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!