Chapter 16: Cole

Chapter 16

*SLURP* *SLURP* *SLURP* *SLUUUUUURRRR-

   "Mary!" Drew yells.

   I jump and look up at him, "What?"

   He looks at my drink, "Do you mind?"

   "Oh! Sorry." I sigh and push my drink away from me.

   Drew stares at me for a moment, "Okay, Bambi. Whats wrong?

   I ignore the new nickname and sigh, "Louis."

   Drew opens his mouth just as a cute guy walks up, "Hey, you're Mary right?"

   I look at him and nod, "Yeah, I am."

   He looks at the chair beside me, "Could I sit there?"

   I go to answer but Drew beats me to it, "No.

   The guy seems to notice Drew for the first time, "Wha-"

   Drew stares him down, "Scram."

   I stare at Drew with my mouth open, "Drew."

   The guy's look flickers to me then back to Drew, "Bu-"

   "I said: scram!" Drew yells at him. The guy jumps and runs off and I stare at Drew is shock. 

   Drew reaches across the table and takes a sip from my drink, "So you were saying?"

   I lunge across the table and yank my drink out of his hands, "What the hell was that?"

   Drew shrugs, "You wanted to talk about Louis!"

   My eyes widen, "Don't say his name so loud!"

   He rolls his eyes, "Whatever. What's wrong?"

   I look down at my hands, "I don't see the point of going ater Louis anymore."

   Drew stares and me and blinks a few times, "I... was not expecting that." He sits up and leans forward, "Why?"

   I look at my hands in my lap, "What is the point of going after someone if it hurts someone I love and could hurt me."

   Drew looks at me for a moment then says, "That happens in love. People get hurt. You will be in plenty of relationships in life and- let's face it- most will end badly. You will go through heartbreak. It will hurt like hell. But... when you find that one person, and I promise you will, it will be worth it. Don't you ever give up your happiness for someone else's. Ever."

   I look up at him and see him staring at me intensely. I nod and give him a small smile, "Okay."

   Drew leans back in his chair, "So what's the deal with the Ronnie guy?"

   I sigh, "Nothing. It's nothing. At least, it won't be anymore."

   We sit there in silence for a moment and Drew says, "Do you love him?

   I was taken aback by his question. I never really thought about it. Did I love Louis? My brow furrows and I look up into Drew's green eyes, "I-I don't know."

~~~

   I stand in front of my locker staring at my books but my mind was elsewhere. I see movement out of the corner of my eye and see Louis opening his locker a few down from mine. His eyes flicker over to mine and he gives me a small smile. I quickly look away but not before a smile makes its way to my lips. 

   "Mary?" I hear a voice say from behind me.

   I quickly turn around and see the boy from lunch standing behind me. I hadn't really gotten a good look at him before. He had dirty blonde hair, tan skin, and a pearly white smile. He was wearing a tan sweater, a thin white v-neck, worn jeans, and dirty black converse.

   I clear my throat, "Hey."

   "I'm the guy from lunch, remember?" He says shoving his hands in his pockets.

   A smile tugs on my lips, "Yes, I remember."

   He clears his throat, "Well, I was going over to see is maybe you would be willing to go out on a date with me. Maybe. Possibly. I-I mean, if you want."

   My sweaty palms caused my plastic binder to slip from my grasp onto the floor. He bends to pick it up and I say, "Yes."

   He stops and looks p at me, "You mean, you will? Go on a date with me, I mean."

   I smile, "Yes, I would love to."

   His face lights up and breaks into a wide smile. A locker slams loudly and we both turn our heads toward the noise. Louis is standing there with a clenched fist agaist his locker. He turns and looks at me. I feel a pang of guilt and he turns and quickly walks down the hall. 

   The guy stands up, "I'm Cole by the way and here is my number." He hands me a folded piece of paper and I take it and slip it in my binder.

   I smile at him, "I will text you later."

   He gives me one of those half smiles that I find so attrative, "I'll be looking forward to it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And there you go! So she will be done with Ronnie next chapter. What do you think of Mary and Louis? Mary and Cole? I'll try to update when I can! First five commenters will get to know what the next chapter will be about and the first commenter will get the next chapter dedicated to them! PICTURE OF COLE ON THE SIDE!!!! 

Good Girl Gone Badजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें