Chapter 5: Then He Kisses Me

Chapter 5

I was pretty content with myself as I walked home. I’m pretty sure I just made a friend. I smile to myself and start walking up the steps to the front door. I open it and I can tell the boys left. In other word it was actually quiet. I put my house key on the kitchen table and open the fridge. Just then a door shuts somewhere in the house and I hear footsteps coming down the hallway. I turn and see Harry standing in the doorway, “Hey, Harry.”
He stretches, “I thought I heard you come home.”
“What do you want for dinner?” I say looking at him.
He shrugs, “I don’t know just order pizza or something.”
I scrunch up my nose, “We had pizza two nights ago… then we had left over pizza last night.”
He look in the fridge, “’Or something’ it is then.”
I smile, “How about spaghetti?”
He nods, “Sure simple enough. “
I finally shut the fridge and grab the pasta and sauce while Harry gets the pot. He chuckle, “Remember when we were little I used to put this on your head.”
I roll my eyes, “Yeah, remember when it got stuck.”
He throws his head back and laughs, “Yes! That was hilarious!”
I turn to him and say, “That was terrifying!”
He fills up the pot with water, “And hilarious.”
“I had to go to the emergency room!”
He sets the full pot on the stove, “Yeah whatever. Minus that part.”
I roll my eyes and turn the stove on. Harry sits on the counter, “Where’s that jacket from?”
I look down and see I still have Drew’s jacket on. Crap. I clear my throat, “Oh, um, someone spilled some coffee on me and they lent me their jacket.”
Harry eyes the jacket, “That’s a guy’s jacket.”
I nod as I pour the spaghetti into the boiling water. Harry takes a step closer to me, “So… you met a guy then?”
I roll my eyes and turn to face him, “Yeah. Yeah I did.”
“”You know when I said ‘Go out and make friends’ I didn’t exactly mean guys…”
I sigh, “Well at least I made a friend, Harry.” I turn back to the pot and stir the pasta, “And either way… He has a girlfriend.”
I can see Harry relax and he just says, “Oh… Do I know him?”
I shake my head, “He just transferred schools.”
Harry snorts, “He sounds like trouble.”
I go to grab two bowls, “His parents are getting a better house and our school is closer.”
Harry follows, “Oh alright.”
I sigh, “Now can you be helpful and please get the silverware?”
Harry smirks at me, “Sure.”

  We eat out dinner in the couch watching TV together, like always. We talk about how our days went. I finish my food and head off to bed.
~~~
*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*
What the- what was that?

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*
I roll over and look at my clock.
11:52
What?!

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*
Who would be hear this time of night?!
I walk to the front door and look through the peep hole. Louis? Well, it wouldn't be the first time.
I sigh and open the door, "Hey, Louis, what are you doing here?"
He clears his throat, "Um, my parents and I got into a fight again so can I stay here for the night?"
I nod and step to the side to let him in, "Yeah, I'll just go get a blanket."
I walk down the hall and get a blanket from the closet. I walk back and find Louis sitting on the couch. I hand him the blanket, "Here you go."
He takes it and his hand brushes mine, "Thanks."
I yawn, "We'll, I'm gonna go get some water and go back to bed."
He nods and I walk to the kitchen. I stand on my tip toes to get the cup and my fingers just touch it. Another hand reaches up and grabs it. I turn to find Louis standing behind me. My back was against the counter and Louis was so close we were almost touching.
I gulp, "Th- thanks."
He takes a step closer so that his body was pressed against mine. The only light in the room was from the moon shining through the window. The light cast a shadow on him that made him seem even more mysterious. He tucks a price of hair behind my ear, "You know, Mary, you are a beautiful girl."
His eyes examine my face and I can hardly breathe. He gives me a half smile, "I always have thought that."
"I-I don't even have any make-up on right now." I say nervously.
He shakes his head, "You don't need it. You never have."
He leans even closer, "I've always liked you, you know?"
I shake my head, "Yeah right."
He smirks, "I'll prove it."

Then he kisses me.

**********************************************

Hehehehehehehe what do you think?

Sorry I havent updated in a while. I've been really busy.

Guess what?!?! I have a boyyyyfrieeeeennnd. Hehehehehehehe yeah.....

Fist commenter will have the next chapter dedicated to them!!!