Ambush

But their subjects has something much different in mind.

——————————————————

The sins gathered once again in the main parlor of the mansion, all dressed and ready to go. The servants ushered them outside and down the stairs towards a small door that tilted downwards.

Taehyung now watches as the servant opens the door, revealing a steep staircase leading into darkness, barely lit by oil lanterns that cast a burnt umber glow over the stones.

Jungkook intertwines his fingers with Taehyung's and gives him a look of reassurance. Taehyung nods back, still a bit nervous.

The sins descend down the damp stairs that curl down into the depths of a tunnel. They continue walking, now on the uneven ground of a series of cobblestone tunnels.

Taehyung furrows his brows and turns towards the others.

"These tunnels were built long before we became Sins, they ensure safe passage for Sins from the mansion to the town and even outside of the kingdoms gates." Hoseok explains, his back turned as he reaches for a lantern sitting on the ground, hoisting it up to illuminate the path more efficiently.

"Ahh." Taehyung lets out, still a bit confused but grasping the general idea. This is why the Sins were never seen traveling, or arriving anywhere. They seemed to just appear and now Taehyung knows why.

The boys walk down the dimly lit tunnel system, Taehyung groans quietly from the long walk, his feet starting to hurt from his uncomfortable shoes. He wishes he could just be wearing his slides again. Jungkook squeezes his hand comfortingly and leans to murmur in his ear, "almost there, my love." The corners of Taehyung's mouth curl slightly at the endearment.

After what felt like ages to the brunet a speck of bright light can be seen outlining what seems to be a door. Hoseok sets the lantern down and blows it out as Namjoon reaches to push a certain stone on the wall, it clicks twice and a secret door swings open, revealing way Taehyung prays is the last set of stairs before their destination.

After ascending the stairs Taehyung is met a familiar sight.

The blank white marble walls of the corridor leading into the amphitheater.

The boy is frozen for a moment as he recalls walking down this very hallway to compete for the title of Lust, knowing nothing of what was to come.

He's shaken out of his thoughts and Jin says something he doesn't quite catch.

Taehyung turns to ask Jungkook what he said but instead he's met with Jimin standing right next to him.

"He said to let Jungkook do all the talking until Namjoon is announced head sin. Don't say anything unnecessary." Jimin states the words Tae missed bluntly. Taehyung opens his mouth but then closes it and smiles, "Thank you chim." Jimin blushes a bit at the sweet nickname, happy that he seems to have found a real friend.

Jungkook coughs awkwardly and not-so-subtly wedges his arm in-between the two  boys to wrap around Tae's waist.

Jimins mouth opens unamusedly as he glares at the youngest. The edges of his irises glint a bright green until Taehyung shoots him a apologetic looking. Jimin sighs irritatedly but retreats to stand by the others.

"Ready?" Taehyung asks Jungkook, reading to rub small circles in his back.

"Of course, I've got this." Jungkook says absentmindedly, as if he was trying to convince himself of the words he was saying.

The Sins say nothing more to one another as the guards open up the large doors, signaling that it was time to go.

The seven make their way up onto the elevated stage in the middle of the coliseum like area. They approach a long white table, beautifully carved wooden chairs embedded with jewels are there for them to sit.

Once they are situated Taehyung looks up and once again is struck with the insanity of thousands of people watching his every move. Except now Taehyung was a Sin, not just a grubby peasant boy.

He continues to stare around the amphitheater until Jungkooks voice blaring out across the stage wakes him.

"Kingdom. I stand before you today, not as a Sin, but as one of you." He begins. Standing tall.

The rage of the crowd is palpable and seems to radiate around the stage the seven are on.

"I stand here to admit my mistakes. My awful treatment of this kingdom, my abuse of power, and my ungratefulness for the position I have been granted. I didn't come here today to make excuses, what I will tell you next is not to excuse myself from the responsibility I must take for my actions, just to provide explanation." Jungkook continues, taking a deep breathe before trying to tell the public of his underlying condition.

But before another word can escape the mans lips a sharp whistle splits the silence.

A painfully high pitches whizzing noise shoots by on Jungkooks right side.

No one is quite sure what has happened until a small gagging noise is heard from the seven's table.

Everyone's attention falls slowly on the trembling figure of the newest Sin, Lust, his hands raised to his chest, shaking violently as his wide eyes stare at the arrow lodged in the middle of collarbone. He looks up in terror at Jungkook, the ravenette watches as he tries to speak but ends up choking instead, trails of blood now seeping out of the corners of Taehyung's mouth.

In that moment everything turns to slow motion, not just for Jungkook but for all of the Sins.

Jungkook moves to Taehyung, reaching his arms out to do anything to help the boy who'd been shot, but a tight grip around his torso stops him.

Jungkooks eyes widen as he watches hundreds of black clothed subject pour down from the seats of the amphitheater, rushing the stage and taking hold of each sin violently.

Their guards are nowhere to be seen.

Jungkooks looks around widely, in shock of what was happening.

He clenches his fists trying time trigger his power, but a deep sense of dread fills his chest as nothing happens. The white of his eyes are barely visible from rage as he tries to find his love with his gaze.

Taehyung is barely conscious, arrow still embedded in his chest as the rebels drag his forcefully off the stage and towards horse drawn carts carrying large barred cages. Every move of the assailants causing more blood to pour out of Taehyung's mouth.

Jungkook can't see straight as he screams Taehyung's name. Quickly the rioters shove cloth into the Sin's mouth, silencing his cries.

Jungkooks eyes find each other Sin one by one, all equally detained by the rebels, cloth gagging their mouths.

The last thing Jungkook sees is the ceiling of the cage as he's thrown in, then the elbow of a rebel,

"Taehyung." He whispers before everything goes black.

——————————————————

I hope you enjoyed!

I think I'm going to take down Stuck for the moment, I'm not happy with the initial concept and I have another idea I am more invested in.

Please vote comment and follow me it encourages me to do better for you all!

I purple you all💜