Awkward

"Oh I'm gonna get to him so bad."

——————————————————

Taehyung bounded down the long hallway towards the head Sin's room, a smile spread widely across his angelic face.

Half of his brain was screaming at him, telling him he was stupid, that he was just going to get hurt, that Pride was a lost cause and he should be focusing on his own safety not this power hungry man.

But the other half of his brain was ecstatic at the though of helping someone.

Taehyung's kind soul has been worn down severely throughout the years by his parents, his "clientele" and any passerby who thought he looked like a target.

But that doesn't mean it was destroyed, there's was still a empathetic and warm heart in Tae, you could see it every time he laid his eyes on his sister or whenever he helped someone less fortunate than him.

And that heart was beating fast against his chest as that familiar feeling of the challenge.

His parents always told him to never talk to others, they told him it was because it wasn't his business but Taehyung believed it was because they didn't want to be found out for the abusers they were.

He pushes the negative thoughts of home away, choosing to not think about Taeyeon's treatment at this moment.

His smile falters as he finally reaches the large, onyx door.

The ash blonde boy has a staring contest with the gilded door knocker, a doubtful panic replacing the adrenaline that filled his chest moments ago.

Should you go back?

Maybe...

....

Nah

He takes a deep breath- he seems to be taking a lot more of those lately- and grips the golden handle with his left hand, right hand sitting awkwardly at his side.

He would normal place his hand on his hip but he was really trying to go for a "non-threatening" stance.

He squeezes his eyes shut and forces himself to knock the handle gently against the door three times.

Three is a safe number, right?

Yeah... two is too little

Four is too much.

Three.... three is good.

As Taehyung justifies his every decision, he forgets his eyes are still closed quite tightly, and his hand is still gripping the handle vigorously.

His mind is racing so fast he doesn't even notice when the door opens, yanking him inward as the door knocker was pulled forward into the room.

His eyes finally open wide in panic as he is flung into the dark room.

He lets go of the door and his arms flail wildly trying to grasp anything to catch his fall.

His forward momentum is stopped by a sturdy frame, his arms being held tightly by another pair.

Oh thank goodness I didn't die.

Wait

Taehyung's eyes remain wide as he jerks his head to look up at whatever or whoever caught his fall.

Unfortunately whoever caught his was looking down at that exact moment, causing the crown of Taehyung's head to collide painfully against the other man's jaw.