CHAPTER 1

"Do we really need to do this?" Max asked

"Do we really need to do this?" Max asked. He turned around every once in a while to make sure no one was behind them. From the tiny beads of sweat on his forehead, it was clear that he was very nervous. 

He stood there with a flashlight in his hand which pointed towards Kevin, who didn't even reply to Max's question. He was busy trying to open the jammed door. 

One of Max's hand scrunched into that curly mess he had on his head. He was the only person to have brunet hair in the family of Wilson's, who were known for their straight, shiny black hair. Well, not exactly everyone. There was one more person who was breaking the stereotype. 

"Yes!" exclaimed Kevin as he turned towards Max with a glint of excitement shining in his brown eyes. He had blond hair, which almost covered the back of his neck.

It was reasonable for Max, who wasn't really a Wilson, but he always wondered how Kevin got that hair.

He pushed the door open, making the least noise possible and they sneaked into the library with the flashlights in their hands. They didn't want to wake everyone up.

The sweet, musky scent of books filled the air of the large room, which had shelves all around.

It was Shane's private library. For some reason, he never allowed anyone to get in there.

Max wanted to go in there ever since he entered the house as an orphan, and that was the reason they were there. The tour in Shane's private library was supposed to be a Max's 16th birthday gift from Kevin. More like a pre- birthday present, since there were still five days for it.

"What? You wanted to get into this room so that you could just stand in a corner?" Kevin pointed the flashlight right on his face and pulled him out of his dreamland.

"Hey!" Max yelled as he squinted his eyes.

"Keep it down young man, or else you are going to wake up Shane and get us both thrown out of this house!" Kevin giggled.

"Any place would be better than this."

They shook their head in unison and headed in different directions.

The room was filled with different kinds of books. But most of them were based on necromancy, teleportation circles, mysticism, and other occult stuff.

What caught Max's eye was a book which was named 'The Apocalypse: End of the world'. He took the book out of the shelf. It had a hard, deep red cover, and the words were written in gold.

"I always knew something was wrong with this old guy, but what's all this?" Max said to himself.

Just as he was about to put the book back on the shelf, a page slid out from it. He picked it up thinking that maybe the book was so old that pages had started coming out, but then he realized that it was something else. Hardly had he opened it to read when he heard Kevin's voice.