#BLACKLIVESMATTER

(TW: police violence mentioned)

I'm so sick of seeing innocent black
people dying. I'm so fucking tired of black people being murdered in cold blood. I'm so fucking tired of seeing influential people not speaking out against police brutality when they constantly post about their dumb lives everyday. I'm so tired of politicians justifying the senseless murder of black people. I'm so tired of the media trying to demonise the deceased victims of police violence. I'm so tired of seeing these murderers not being treated like murderers and instead given suspensions and probations as if they'd forgotten to properly file paperwork or smth and hadn't just taken the life of an innocent human being.

If you are a person who lives in America, UK, Canada, or any other post-colonial, white majority country, you should know that the police are not friends of the Black communities. The police are not going to treat people of color and especially black people, with basic human decency.

STOP CALLING THE COPS.

If you are not all that informed about this, please utilise this wonderful thing called Google and educate yourself. Read books about systematic racism. good start can be the works of Zora Neale Hurston, Toni Morrison, etc.
Ibram X. Kendi shared an excellent reading list in an NY Times article. Here's the link to that: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/29/books/review/antiracist-reading-list-ibram-x-kendi.amp.html

I hope things change. For the better. I hope that the law enforcement stops murdering Black adults and children.

I love you people, please take care of yourself. It is simply not enough to not be racist. You have to be anti-racist. Please try.