☆ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ

COMMENT YOUR FAV PART! VOTE! SHARE!

Twenty-Nine - Just Like Jasper

"It's no use," Murphy repeats for the sixth time in the past ten minutes as I try to get out of the rough ropes tied around my wrists and to the tree, "I have been trying to get out of them since those savages put me in them

"It's no use," Murphy repeats for the sixth time in the past ten minutes as I try to get out of the rough ropes tied around my wrists and to the tree, "I have been trying to get out of them since those savages put me in them."

Snapping my head up towards him, I nearly snarl, "Call my people savages one more time and I swear I will kill you."

Murphy throws his head back with a smirk before redirecting his attention to my wound, "You mean if that lovely injury of yours doesn't kill you first?"

Ignoring him I keep working at getting the ropes undone. I can't stop. I won't stop. Not when there is an army of irrational and angry warriors heading straight towards camp. Towards Octavia, towards Jasper, towards...Bellamy.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go. They were supposed to listen to me, Anya was supposed to listen. She hadn't even tried to see my reasons, my changed views. She only took the time to realize that they were no longer perfectly aligned with hers. That because I wasn't in compliance with her, I was not with her. And that couldn't be farther from the truth. Anya was my friend, my comrade, one of my people.

I was fourteen years old when I met Anya for the first time. Heda had thought that I was ready for a more formal approach. No one sneaking in through the shadows to get my prey. She knew that if I had it my way, I would stay the silent cat crawling through the under bush to get the mouse, when she wanted me to evolve into the lioness she knew I could be. So she sent me to Anya.

Now when I first arrived in the village of Granplei, it was immediately different from Polis. Polis had a sort of level system. Heda at the top, her most trusted warriors, myself included, next, and then the rest of the city below us. Granplei under Anya's direction was different.

Anya made me look at the world different.

"I do not care that you are the Heda's second or that you have had formal training alongside her. I do not care that you are a nightblood. In this village you are a warrior, you will get no special treatment, and one complaint or quarrel from you and I will cut out your tongue. Am I understood?" she had asked.

My response was instantaneous. Kneeling on one knee, I bowed my head and replied, "Yes, dai plangona." Yes, great warrior.

Anya pulled me up by my shoulders, smiling. "There is no need to bow. We are all equal. I am no better than you just because I have fought longer. We all shoulder burdens that should not be put on a scale against others."

And yet, when I had accepted the change that our world threw at us, I was no longer the different that she could accept.

"Your struggling is only going to make you bleed more, dumbass," Murphy's voice broke my train of thought.