☆ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Hey guys! So I know this chapter and the last ones were on the shorter end than what I normally write. This was because I was really busy with my finals for classes. But since those are done now, you can expect the usual length chapters as well as consistent updates! Thank you all for your support!

<3 Tay

Twelve - Warriors are Not Born, They are Made

19 hours earlier, 5 hours after Bellamy's departure from camp

Most people would be afraid to walk in the forest as it is covered by the eerie darkness

Most people would be afraid to walk in the forest as it is covered by the eerie darkness. Me, however, I am not. I know that what lurks out in the darkness, can't be any worse than the darkness that encases my mind.

Also, I know the forest like the back of my hand. I have run these forests for training, for survival, for fun, since I could walk. My best childhood friend, Lincoln, and I raced each other up these trees. 

Suddenly, I stop and rest on the stump of one tree. Only a few more hours before I will reach Lincoln's cave for rest before we head to one of the closer villages to alert Anya and Lexa of the enemy's weaknesses. It was the best strategy. Going by ourselves to take down the enemy would be a death sentence, no matter how inexperienced the enemy was. The strategy was one of the main things I was taught by Lexa and Arthur. 

"What is the most important aspect of a warrior?" Lexa had asked the younger version of myself. 

"Strength!" I answered without a thought. Without strength, a warrior was nothing. They would be taken down way too easily. 

"Wrong!" Lexa slammed her hands down on the table, "It is strategy!" She walks away from the table, breathing heavily. She faced me again, "And you want me to send you on a mission when you don't even understand the simplest things."

"Heda, go easy on the girl. She hasn't had the proper training," Arthur tried to reason with her while tears start to build in my eyes. But I don't let them fall. That is weakness. 

"You teach her this then, Arthur," Lexa growls as she stomps out fo the room. My head falls. All I want is to impress Heda. I want to be good at something. I want someone to be proud of me. 

My thoughts are interrupted by Arthur who pulls my chin up with his hand. I avoid eye contact with him, knowing that he is also disappointed. 

"Look gon me goufa," he orders. Look at me child. 

Knowing it is wrong to not listen to your trainer, and commander's close advisor and trainer, I meet his eyes. But instead of disappointment in his eyes, I see sincerity and worry.