36

JUNGKOOK'S POV~

I watched the sun as it sets slowly by the ocean. Here I was, lounging at the seaside bar. I took a sip on my beer.

"Hey jungkook,"I almost groan at the voice. I turned my head, seeing Haesoo sitting down on the empty high chair beside me.

"Hi." I greeted back, though with less enthusiasm. Earlier was fine. I didn't mind her company. But now she's being too clingy and forward. It was starting to annoy me.

"Thank you for helping me win the teddy bear. The little girl loved it." Haesoo smiled,putting a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

We win by default because sinb walked out. I still wondered why she did what she did. I didn't see her for the rest of the afternoon.

"No problem."I nodded. I didn't wanted to play earlier. But I saw one of the children looking up to him with pleading eyes, I had no choice but to comply.

"Do you have any plans tonight?" Haesoo asked. And I finally looked at her.

"I'm married." I stated, looking at her in the eyes.

"O-oh uhm.." she was definitely taken aback by what I said.

I saw that she was suddenly uncomfortable, probably embarrassed that she tried to ask me out when she's well aware I am married.

"I-I thought y-you didn't like h-her. I heard stuff about you marriage."she muttered,looking down.

"I like her." Was what I said, loud and clear.

AUTHOR'S POV~

He likes her. He does. And he finally said it out loud.

"Oh." Haesoo nodded. "I understand. I'm sorry."

"Hmm,"he just nodded. His face remained calm, sipping on his beer.

"I hope you'll fix whatever misunderstanding you have," Haesoo spoke again, and this time it brought a small smile on his lips.

"Thank you,"jungkook said,looking at the girl.

Haesoo smiled,before her eyes lowered,her gaze fixed on his lips. Jungkook looked away.

"Jungkook, can you do me a favour one last time?"the girl asked.

"What is it," he asked back.

"Close your eyes for me,"she said. Jungkook stared at her, confused. "Please. Just one last favour."

He hesitated,but then he did. He slowly closed his eyes.

He was confused until he felt something pressed against his lips. His eyes shot open. He froze for a few seconds, realizing what was happening. He quickly pulled away once he got his senses back.

"Wha-"he froze once more,his eyes catching another girl  from afar.

"Sinb," the name escaped his lips,Duffy feeling his throat dry.

There stood sinb,by the ocean. Here eyes looking at them. She saw. She saw what happened. She saw the kiss just in time for Haesoo to meet his. And what happened next took both of them by surprise.

A sob escaped her lips.

That's when she felt the Wetness on her cheek. She was crying. She doesn't know why but she's crying. She quickly turned around and made a run for it the moment she saw him stood up and started to walk towards her.

No she can't. She can't face him.

She's defeated.

TO BE CONTINUED