Chapter twelve : Being normal...ish

I have been dreading this morning since yesterday when I received my moonstone. I lift a hand and hold the necklace with the stone that Derek made for me and smiled at my reflection then stop and sigh and head to my closet.

Just as I come out of my bathroom dressed my mother knocks on my door

"Katherine Joann Marshall Rivera! Hurry up or you'll be late!" Oh, the sweet voice of my mother in the morning.

"I'm coming!"

I answer as I walk out my bedroom slamming the door on the way, "Don't use that tone with me chica!" I roll my eyes and walk in the kitchen where my mother is standing spatula in hand with her hands on her hips with a disapproving look on her face and I smile innocently at her till she lets a smile slip on her face.

"Go! Don't want to keep your hunky monkey waiting!" I make a face at that, she sucks at nicknames, "Don't call him that,"

I shudder and continue speaking as I get near her. "It's weird. And he knows I'm always late, it runs in the family."

I wink at her and now she rolls her eyes. "Just take your breakfast and go." I chuckle and take my breakfast.

"Thanks ma! " I say walking towards the door. "Love you."

I say and which she answers with a, "Love you too."

------------------------------------------

*at hell (also known as school)*

As I enter the hall I thought that everybody will know that I have changed, as if they could see it in my eyes but in reality, nobody noticed. To them, I am still little old me. I look at Derek and shot him a smile that told him I'm fine. He smiles and takes my hand then places a kiss on the top of it which makes me giggle.

"Well, well, well look who we have here girls if it isn't little Miss Sluttikins." Said Ashley and her minions (Cora and Brittany, aka her best friends).

"Bitch please, you spread your legs faster than Ebola. So the only Sluttikins as you say, here is you." As I said this Derek and the others around the hall laugh and Ashley is beginning to turn red, not sure if from anger or embarrassment... probably both. She walks toward me and I feel Derek tense up thinking she'll hit me and I squeeze his hand in reassurance.

"Listen here bitch and listen well. You think you are all that because now you are a wolf but guess what I am one two, well most of us in here are," She chuckles and continues her pathetic rant. "So get off of that fucking high horse you got and just admit defeat we all know I'm stronger, prettier, and smarter, well at least that's what your best friend thinks isn't that right Jake? "

Just as she said this Jake pops out and wraps his arms around her from the back and nods while I just glare at him and I hear Derek release a low and dangerous growl but this time I'm not comforting him I'm too pissed. "So you see I win! I've got the guy you always wanted and more power that You.Could.Ever.Have."

Ok, that's what she thinks. Even though I'm pissed I laugh and it freaks everyone out they thought I was going to cry. I mentally scuff at that. "Omg! That was the most hilarious thing I've ever heard" I chuckle and continue, "You think that I care for that asshole holding you? Bitch, please keep him Derek is 100 times the man he is! Oh and about you being more powerful bitch let's see how "powerful" you really are. Come on let's go right now in the woods. You up for it or are you just all talk and no walk."

With that, I head over to the forest that's at the end of the school but I hear Derek yell

"No one is to follow!" In his alpha voice (oh sexy) I hear behind me three different footsteps as I look back I realize that only whoreshley, Jake ass and Derek followed me. Good fewer witnesses.