Chapter Eight: Mates part 2

As Derek and I make our way home I keep thinking about everything Jake said. And maybe he's right I jumped at the first chance I had with Dere. But it wasn't because it was a hot guy asking me out but it was because both I and my wolf wanted too.

I never heard of someone having two mates. But I really think that Derek is my mate. But my wolf told me my mate was Jake but there's never sparks, electricity or even tingles! I'll have to ask my parents.

"Hey, stop thinking about that asshole ok. I'm here and I'll never leave you."

He said looking lovingly ( which surprised me) into my eyes.

"I know but it just feels weird, you know, I just don't feel like he is my mate."

I tell him and them begin to think how can I really be sure he's my mate? I ask Derek the same questions and he said

"I'm not really sure but when I met Samantha (his dead mate) when we looked in each other's eyes I swear I could see the bond around us like this beautiful golden string bounding us."

I start to get jealous not just of Samantha for having that with Dere but because of the bond they shared.

"I didn't feel any of that with him."

I tell him.

"That love, is because he isn't your true mate."

He says and I look at him wide-eyed.

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah, you heard me, he isn't your true mate. Here let me explain. When you told me he was your mate I started having doubt s about it I mean how can you be mates with both me and him."

At that, I stopped walking and turned to look at him and whisper in a small childlike voice

"Are we mates?"

"Yeah, I felt it when we bumped into each other on the hall when we met. You didn't see the bond forming because only the male is able to see it so clearly you probably just felt the wind pick up a little. Then I saw the bond again tonight when you ran into me crying and that time it was really visible but your eyes were closed so you couldn't see."

He looks sad at this because I couldn't see that he and I were really meant to be.

So I walked toward him and said

"Then show me."

I kissed him. And then I felt it when we broke apart I open my eyes and see the golden string he talked about uniting our bond and I smile up at him. As he smiles looking into my eyes and said

"Your true eyes have come forward as you now have accepted us as mates. They are now as your wolfs, blue, purple and pink. Beautiful and unique like you."

That made me smile but then ask,

"Then why did my wolf think Jake was my mate?"

-That love ...

He holds my head firmly and said something I thought I'd never hear or believe.

"Is because he isn't a werewolf he's a dark warlock. (an evil wizard)"