Chapter 15: Answers

Kat's POV

I hear Clair whisper

-Mate.

While looking at the blue eyed guy. Then they both run towards each other and kiss.

Samantha and Derek are still looking at each other and I'll admit that it's making me a bit jealous so I clear my throat.

Derek's eyes immediately went towards my hurt eyes and he walks towards me and kisses my cheek whispering

I Love you.

I nod and kiss his lips.

Then he looks at Samantha and asks her

-How are you here? I thought you were dead, how is it possible?

She looks at him in regret and looks down. Then the dark skin guy walks towards her and puts an arm on her shoulder and whispers

-Tell them. They deserve to know.

She nods and sighs then finally looks up and says

-I'm so sorry Derek but I lied about us actually being mates. The truth is that I'm not really a human in actually a witch and I put a spell on you when we meet so you would think I was your mate but I had a reason please don't look at me like that!

Derek just shakes his head and with hatred in his eyes, which I'm sure I have as well I can't believe she did that, my wolf is raging right now and I'm sure my eyes are flashing.

-Oh really! And what might that important reason to trick me into believing that you were my mate and that you f*cking DIED!

He roared.

She looks terrified right now and the guy looks like he is trying to control himself from hurting Derek. But I don't blame her for being frightened at the moment Derek can be scary when he is p*ssed.

-The moon goddess told me! She said to make you believe that so that you would have come here because this is where you would actually meat your real mate! Her daughter! She told me about how we should come find you today and that we are meant to help you. Look I am really sorry for what I did. I'll admit that it was a low blow but it's what she wanted. I just hope you can forgive me and maybe we can start with a clean slate and actually be friends?

I look into her eyes and see that what she says is true. So I sigh and take Derek's hand and look back at her.

-Hi, I'm Katherine, Derek's mate and that is Clair, she is my best friend.

Clair smiles and waves

-And this is Lewis and Julia they are mates and he's Derek's beta, but who are the rest of you?

She looks relived and smiles taking the hand of the dark skinned guy

-This is Markus I'm his mate. That is Jocelyn she is a wolf and your girls mate is Jensen he is actually a hunter.

We all great each other but I still feel Derek's hesitation to trust her. So I ask them to come with us to the pack house and get to know each other better. They agree and I pull Derek aside,

-I'm sorry for just inviting them over without talking to you about it but I just didn't know what else to do. We both know that what she said is true and that she feels horrible for what she did to you and honestly I don't really forgive her for that but without her doing that we wouldn't really be here together now.

At the end of my speech I put my arms on his waist and pull him to me. At which he chuckles.

-True and I don't know what I would have done without you.