Chapter four: The birthday

It has been a month since Derek first sat with us at lunch and we all became friends. So, I believe that I  should give you a little review over these last few weeks, let's begin with Claire, my crazy best friend, well she's still the same and is currently single as a Pringle and says she is just going to focus on herself before she finds a meaningful connection with someone.

Now about Jake, well I wish to say that things are the same but they aren't, you see he and Ashley are talking again, which sucks because now he and I are in a fight because I said a comment about how she was a 'little fake lying female dog' which is no lie and he decided to take her side and I guess you can figure out why we are fighting.

And there was one, Derek,  well he is great, better than great actually he is perfect! I mean we're going out now! Yeah, shocker, I KNOW! But after we went on a dinner date he asked me out again. He took me to a beautiful flower field in the woods where we had a picnic and then ice cream. I KNOW! DREAM DATE ANYONE?! So when he took me home and when we were saying our goodnights he leaned in and kissed me, then asked me to be 'HIS GIRL'. Ok his words, not mine, and how can I say no to that even if I wanted to? So I said YES! And now were dating ... And yeah.

Wait, I knew I forgot something, today is the big day, I'm finally 18 years old now! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!  The reason why I haven't mentioned it first is that this birthday I am apparently sick. Pain all around my body and my bones ache every time I move. 

"You said it's nothing to worry about but the pain is getting worse." Tears fill my eyes.

"Mom please just- just take me to the doctor!"I breathe out holding my waist in pain.

"I'm sorry querida (love) but we can't go to the hospital, and I hate seeing you like this, why don't you go rest in your room while I make you some hot chocolate ok mi amor?".

I nod and wipe some of the tears from my eyes.

"Okay."

As I enter my room my arm twists back breaking the bones making me scream,

"Mom!"

Then my other arm does the same, and my legs bend backward making me fall with a thud, while I keep letting out an ear-shattering scream of agony as my whole body breaks bone by bone until I see, fur? Coming out of my pores. When the pain gets too excruciating I pass out.

All I feel is pain in the darkness, I open my eyes realizing that I am laying on my bedroom floor. I place my right arm forward to attempt to raise myself.  WHY DO I HAVE PAWS?! What the hell? I crawl over to the mirror and I am met with a beautiful snow white wolf with a golden star mark on the right side of her chest, but what really caught my attention were her eyes, they were a mixture of blue, purple, and pink , it's the most amazing thing I'd ever seen.

Until I realize that every movement I do is imitated by her.  Oh God, don't tell me. Just as I begin to freak out my family bursts through the door, and they stare at me with their mouths agape, my dad is first to break the silence.

"Katherine I knew you were different but this is just, wow! Sorry, anyways I guess I should tell you about our family heritage. We, as in your brothers and I, and now you, well, sweetie we're lupus or as humans call us werewolves." I frown and look towards my mother hoping for her to tell me that this is some twisted joke.

"Querida, I'm not Lupus, I'm Lamia, a witch."

MY FAMILY IS FULL OF WAKOS, seriously werewolf and witches what's next a sparkly vampire? I'm so lost,

"Why don't you change to your human form so we can talk?"

Sure, let me just go ahead and do something I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO DO! And James realizing I was freaking out and that I had no clue how to do that, says: "Just picture yourself as a human again, arms, legs, torso, everything and that's it. Just relax."

Ok simple, right? Wrong, it took 30 minutes until I began to feel my limbs changing back to human, and then I look at my family and say,

"You have got a lot of explaining to do!"

They went deadly silent.