Y/n sudden groan caught my attention through my excellent hearing all thanks to my cat ears on the top of my head.

"Y/n I'll just be right back okay? The phone is ringing and I must answer it. Stay right here, don't go anywhere." Nanny

I heard her say then soon after the scurrying feet through the grass and to the path was heard afterwards. As soon as I heard the back door close I turned around to see y/n standing by the tree arms crossed and pouting.

I so badly wanted to go over to her and play but stayed rooted in place. She turned around unexpectedly and looked right at me. Her pouting lips spread into a wide smile and she began to skip over to me happily while I internally panic on what to do or say.

"Hi kitty! Can you come play with me?!" Y/n

I gulped nervously staring at her with wide eyes as she cutely swings herself side to side staring up at me with her massive brown eyes.

"I-I'm sorry I can't."

"Why not?" Y/n

I sighed trying to think on what to say to a five year old. Her birthday was yesterday so I didn't get to see her at all.

"I'm not aloud to play."

Damn it I shouldn't of told her that.

Her forehead formed little wrinkles on her head as she furrows her eyebrows together.

"Well I say you can! Play with me!!" Y/n

She grabbed my hand and pulled me along with her towards the tree again that had a tire swing in it with thick rope in the middle for support.

I dropped my watering pot on the way over and when we came to a stop at the tire she let go of my hand and turned around to make grabby hands at me

"Can you lift me up please?" Y/n

I don't know what was going on or what I was feeling in the pit of my stomach but it turned in some sort of joy when she asked me that question. I nodded at her with a smile no longer caring if she saw or if anyone saw me smiling. I haven't smiled in a long time so I was going to take this chance to do it because being with her in this place of hell actually makes me happy.

I picked her up with my hands under her arms and pulled her up on to swing. She scooter backwards in the tire and laid down holding onto the rope she used to lay down on. She didn't have to ask what she wanted I just knew.

"You want me to push you don't you?"

I chucked and she eagerly nodded her head with a giggle staring up at the leaves above our heads from the tall tree.

I did as she said and she began to squeal in excitement and I couldn't help but laugh. I wasn't pushing her too hard just lightly and it seemed like she was having a blast.