𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

     Moody hobbles off after the other three, and Neville comes over as Percy places one his books back that he was reading, bow having Locke hanging out in his jackets pocket considering Wade was forced to leave, something that didn't settle right with him.

     "You know, if your interested in plants, you'd be better off with Goshhawk's guide to Herbology." Neville said, seeing all their books on plants. "Did you know there's a wizard in Nepal whose growing gravity-resistant trees?"

     "Hm, that's quite weirdly cool." Percy says, earning a nod and smile from Neville.

     "Neville, no offense but I really don't care about plants. Now if there's a Tiberten Turnip that will allow me to breath underwater for an hour, then great. But otherwise..." Harry sighs, his frustration showing.

     "I don't know about a turnip, but you could always use Gillyweed."

✧ ✦ ✧

     PERCY WAS followed behind Neville and Harry down to the Black Lake, who was looking around for Hermione and Ron, and anxiously wringing his hands together. Percy was looking out for Wade, his worry clear as to not knowing where his brother was. He had never come back from McGonagall with Ron and Hermione, and it was making an unsettling feeling settle into him.

     "Are you sure about this, Neville?" Harry asked the boy.

     "Absolutely." Neville responded.

     "His area of expertise is Herbology, Harry." Percy pointed out, making  the boy glance at him. "Hell I trust him a bit."

     "For an hour." Harry pushed, ignoring the wolfs comment.

     "Most likely." Neville replied honestly.

     "Most likely!" The two other boys said, staring at him with wide eyes. Percy immediately took back what he said about trusting the boy, he wasn't entirely sure about this whole thing anymore.

     "Well, there is some debate among Herbologists as to the effects of freshwater versus saltwater." Neville stated.

     "You're telling us this now! You must be joking!" Harry exclaims.

     "Hey, its the best we've got, Harry." Percy said, trying to calm the boy. "We'll just stay together when we dive in, and if we die.. we die."

     "I was just trying to help." Neville mutters, and Percy quickly placed a hand on his shoulder.

     "And you tried, Neville. I'm gratfull for your help nonetheless." Percy says, earning a smile from the boy.

     "Well its a lot better than Ron and Hermione missing." Harry says, earning the two's attention again. "Where are they anyway?"

     "Probably at the docks." Neville says to his friend. "You seem a little tense, Harry."

     "Do I?" Harry asks then looks at Percy. "How are you not freaking out?"