Chapter 12 - If I ever see you again, I will punch your face.

~ Flashback on ~

1 month ago  •  1 am, Friday 

I was sited on a big couch, at a party. The house was full of drunk young adults, who danced the whole time while drinking and smoking weed.

The truth was, I didn't enjoy drinking like them or even attend parties. I was there because Kayla had a huge crush on the owner of the party, Michael Smith. He was the captain of the football team and every girl wanted a piece of him, including Kayla. 

I was looking at them, discretely while sitting on the couch, by myself

I was looking at them, discretely while sitting on the couch, by myself. Kayla was playing with her curls as she smiled while talking to Michael. On the other hand, Michael was holding a red plastic cup filled with beer and seemed confident wearing his jacket from his college football team. The other reason, to witch why I was attending the party, was because Brian was Michael's best friend, they played together in college. Somehow, I also felt like I had to keep an eye on him. Especially when there are drunk girls, wearing short skirts and tops, rubbing on everything that moved.

Brian approached me and sat next to me on the couch, placing his strong arms around my neck.

- Aren't you enjoying the party?

He asked, after watching me from across the room.

- No, it's not that, it's just that I promised my mom that I wouldn't come home late.

I claimed, shrugging my shoulders.

- I can take you home if you want.

- No, you don't have to. Enjoy the party a little bit more, I'll probably call a taxi. 

I insisted, picking my phone from my bag.

- Or you could stay and we could go to Michael's parent's room and have some fun! 

He smirked and I laughed nervously.

- I should go home, but I'll think about your offer. 

I kissed him on the lips and got up to go outside to call a taxi.

I knew Kayla would be fine because she was already on second base with Michael and he seemed a respectful guy. Also, she dressed herself to impress and she wasn't about to let anyone down.

Later at night, she called explaining to me what happened after I left.

She told me that Michael took her hand and they went upstairs in the middle of the crowd and got inside his room. His room was an average room, filled with posters from rap legends such as Ice Cube, Eminem, and Tupac. " I like your room!" she said and Michael was quick to steal her a kiss. "Tonight is all about us!" he said after unsticking his lips off hers.